I have been taking 2mg of doxazosin for the past 2 years. My urgency to urinate has decreased drastically and getting up in the middle of the night happens occasionally. For me, when I sit for a long period of time, I have to go to the bathroom more often. Overall, I am pretty satisfied with this treatment with no side effects.

It doesn't seem to be working and I'm not sure how much damage it may be causing my internal organs. I really think most prescriptions are written so the doctor can get their 'kick backs', i.e., money from the drug companies...if it actually works for the patient...great!

PapaDub | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/23/2021
Condition: Enlarged Prostate

BPH was originally treated with Tamsulosin but benefits were outweighed by side effects. Dr switched me to Doxazosin 2Mg for 1 week then 2Mg 2 X's per day. Very satisfied both with urinary flow, barely noticeable nasal congestion and improved BP results. Occasionally only dose at 2Mg daily depending on timing of doses.

Jim | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/16/2020
Condition: Enlarged Prostate with Urination Problems

Allowed me to urinate again but brutal side effects. Retrograde ejaculation,extreme fatigue,dizziness,constipation. Had to stop and switch to alfusozin, which I hope works better.

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
4/19/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I was taking 2mg for about 6 months then was switched to 4mg . After a week and a half on the 4mg I've had shortness of breath,racing heart, numbness in : my face, arms, hands and feet (I go for a short 10 min. walk and my right foot gets a numb feeling) and dizziness,also my face got really red. Doctor told me to stop the med. for 2 weeks to see if symptoms go away and then possibly restart the med., I am currently on a week being off the med. and I have still have all the mentioned side effects. Going to ask the cardiologist to take me off this med. .

JenjyCo | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/17/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Within 3 days of starting medication had swelling all over (not just hands and feet), feeling totally bloated. Didn't take for 1 night, was urinating all night getting rid of all the extra fluid from the previous 2 days. Had hacking cough and shortness of breath - I have asthma and this made it flare. Won't take it anymore, felt too miserable to continue and hope side effects went away...Been 48 hours since I stopped it - cough gone, shortness of breath gone, extra fluid gone.

Angela | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/15/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

My doctor put me on this drug 2mg then 4mg to lower my bloodpressure, I have had awful side effects with it, after taking it I have almost collapsed several times over a rush of low blood pressure,I have had chest pains that mimic heart attack my eyes hurt all the time I feel depressed and tired all the time, I am going to tell my doctor that I do not wish to take it anymore,there must be an alternative