It hurt. Instead of giving me the shot in my butt she gave it to me in my side that has my back and legs in pain

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/11/2021
Condition: Strep Throat

Best thing ever. Felt so sick going in and four hours later I noticed a huge difference. It was like a miracle. Needle hurts a little bit so expect your bottom to be sore for an hour or so, but it is so worth it. Cured by the next day. Get the shot laying down it will hurt less.

bb | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/5/2021
Condition: Strep Throat

I just received this shot in the ER yesterday. Felt 90% better the day of! I could eat and swallow. Later that night, throat started hurting again. Next day it hurt way worse than before i even got treated! Will go back to the doctor tomorrow if it doesn’t go away

darbie6 | 45-54 | Female | Patient
11/4/2019
Condition: Strep Throat

Was diagnosed with strep throat and given amoxicillin. After four days, still not feeling better. Doctor gave me this bicillin shot and within hours my sore throat was so much better as well as my body aches. I highly recommend the shot. The shot stung a bit, but not bad at all.

LVE240 | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/10/2018
Condition: Strep Throat

I opted for the shot instead of pills to treat my strep throat, because I couldnâ??t honestly see myself trying to swallow huge antibiotic pills while my throat hurt so bad, plus I figured the shot would most likely help me feel better faster. The shot is kind of painful, but thatâ??s because they have to continue to hold the syringe in while they push a few milliliters of penicillin into your backside, which has to be done slowly. The nurse monitored me for the next 10 minutes just to make sure I didnâ??t have an anaphylaxis reaction to the shot. Iâ??ve never had an allergic reaction to penicillin before, so didnâ??t expect one this time, and didnâ??t have one. The injection site became pretty sore within the first 24 hours but has started feeling better after day 2 of getting it. After 24 hours, my throat felt worse, but within 36 hours-48 hours, my throat feels almost 100% better, which is such a relief. I havenâ??t had any side effects as a result of the shot, except the sore injection site, but thatâ??s to be expected with a shot in my opinion. I would recommend this shot over pills as long as you arenâ??t afraid of shots and the soreness that goes along with it. Read More Read Less

OhioRN | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/9/2017
Condition: Strep Throat

Found myself in the ER at 8am on a Saturday with swollen glands on right side of neck, difficulty swallowing, and general neck pain. As a nurse I knew it was most likely strep, and doctor gave me the option of IM antibiotic along with steroid which was oral. Felt better hours later, but had stomach pain during the night and following day. The shot hurts, but better than swallowing giant pills for 10 days

shar7222 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/23/2017
Condition: Strep Throat

Was diagnosed with strep throat. The shot was a bit painful and a little sore the next day but within a couple of hours, the pain in my throat had eased up considerably.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/16/2017
Condition: Strep Throat

Shot hurt but pain got better within a hour. I came I barely being able to talk and tested positive for strep. The shot worked wonders.

Anonymous | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/5/2016
Condition: Strep Throat and Tonsillitis

I will never do this again. Went to the ER have me the shot in my lower back two days ago. Still in so much pain. Hurts to walk. Yesterday felt like I got ran over by a truck. Still today very painful to walk. I will never ever get this again...

Ole | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/15/2015
Condition: Early Stage of Syphilis with No Symptoms

Received one (quite painful) shot at 1pm for exposure to syphillis, a few hours later was running a fever and feeling flu-like symptoms and told a friend to check on me before going to bed at 5:30pm. Woke up in ER at 1am covered in bags of ice for having a fever of 105 and nonresponsive. Jarisch-herxheimer reaction almost killed me and spent roughly 36 hours in hospital inder observation.

Sara1974 | 35-44 | Female | Patient
6/7/2015
Condition: Strep Throat

Horrible experience. Painful shot given for no reason. Completely ineffective. Returned to doctor and argued for something else. Finally given Clindamycin and felt better within 6-12 hours- not completely better, but could tell I was improving.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | Caregiver
12/16/2014
Condition: Strep Throat and Tonsillitis

this was prescribed and injected at the ER. yes, it hurts to have it injected into the buttock but the medicine WORKS and works quickly. My son was feeling MUCH better the next day. My only complaint is that it's expensive! Horribly so! Perhaps it's because it's an awesome antibiotic or maybe it was because it was given at the ER either way the cost could make it prohibitive even WITH insurance. C'mon people over $400 for ONE INJECTION?

BigDaddyG | 3-6 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
4/9/2013
Condition: Strep Throat and Tonsillitis

Daughter had Strep that was missed 1st week to Doctor with sore throat and vomitting. This week they tested for it. 6 year old daughter got injection because she doesnt like taking meds. Today she is so sore from the shot she can't move her leg without screaming. BUT her sore throat and vomiting are both gone. Hopefully she can walk tomorrow to be able to goto school cause she has missed 5 days already.

natasha | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/19/2013

Syphillis | 19-24 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/4/2012
Condition: Syphilis

One shot of this med and I was cleared in 2-3 weeks of visual signs on my body and lowered my blood levels to almost non existant. Takes time to build up and work with the immune system.

sbrOHio | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/18/2012
Condition: Strep Throat

Given injection at ER after positive strep test and negative influenza b culture. Felt considerably better after 24 hours. Injection site sore two days later.Also given oral steroids at ER to relieve swelling in throat. Family doctor prescribed 10 days of amoxicillin about 18 hours later. I have diarrhea and feel like vomiting one day into the amoxicillin.

natureistheway | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/18/2012
Condition: Strep Throat

Cleared up the strep, but caused me to have a seizure (which I have never had before). It was a horrible experience. I couldn't get out of bed the entire next day. Felt like I had been hit by a truck. The vaccination site was extremely sore for a few days, and the shot the buttocks was not a fun experience either...very painful.

MissWest86 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/26/2011
Condition: Strep Throat

I had strep throat really bad. I went to the doctor, and I was injected with this medicine and woke up the next morning feeling wonderful.

pmg | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
7/12/2010
Condition: Rheumatic Fever Prevention

My 20 year old son was recently diagnosed with Rheumatic Fever - it took 4 weeks, including two week long hospital visits and a team of specialists to get a final diagnosis. Treatment plan - Bicillin LA shot every 4 weeks for a minimum of 5 years. He says the shot is very painful - but not nearly as painful as the symptoms he experienced over 4+ weeks. He is symptom free after his 2nd shot...

urkel | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/29/2010
Condition: Early Stage of Syphilis with No Symptoms

The injection hurts like hell and leaves you with a lump of something squishy in your butt for several days. Not my favorite way to get poked.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/26/2009
Condition: Strep Throat

Had a highly virulent strain of strep which hit suddenly in the evening - the next afternoon I was at the doctor - she said the second my culture hit the dish it was positive for strep. She felt something strong and immediate was the best treatment. I'm so glad I took the shot - it honestly did hurt, even though I have a high tolerance for pain, it wasn't as bad as how badly my throat hurt. It's almost 24 hours later and I feel at least 90% better - just slight 'tightness' in my throat - and had a great night's rest. Much better than 10 days worth of antibiotics. Read More Read Less