Florida men's health | Caregiver
10/9/2013

This drug is very effective very easy to use are success rate has been %98 and all of our patients where ecstatic about the results. For futher information please visit www.Floridamenshealth.com

Anonymous | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/13/2009

I was given Atropine for a Cardiac Stress Echo. Doubtamine did not yield the needed heart rate for the test and Atropine was given in 3 doses to increase the heart rate. I achieved the desired heart rate (156) at the end of the 3rd dosage. Post the test I had severe dryness in my mouth and could not swallow any solids for a good 3 to 4 hours. Liquids however could be taken. Apart from this I had no other side effects.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | Caregiver
3/17/2008
Condition: Sinus Bradycardia

Is this drug contraindicated in patients with glaucoma? I give atropine sometimes to patients during chemical stress testing to increase their heart rate. I read not to give this to pt's with open ended glaucoma is this true?

Anonymous | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/27/2007

Atropine is also used as a "booster" for a cardiac stress test. They start with Dobutamine. If that doesn't get your heart rate up to target for the test (220-age)x85%, they use atropine. Atropine works very fast (less than two minutes). It is very powerful as well. It did exactly what the doctor wanted it to do. Increase my heart rate for the test up over 145. However, it also made me very sick. I felt like I couldn't breathe, and my heart was pounding harder than I have ever felt it before. I am a former Marine. I know what hard exercise is about. Atropine was far harder on my heart than I have ever been. Atropine also produced nausea and caused me to vomit. The good news, is that within a minute of discontinuing Atropine, the symptoms did go away. Thank goodness that is done with!