Otissito | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/14/2022
Condition: Administration of Local Anesthetic Drug

For work on the lower jaw, Carbocaine plain works extremely well. There's often no reason to use anything else. On the upper jaw it is unpredictable - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Even Prilocaine 4% plain was troublesome. Not to mention that both plain solutions are very short acting on the upper. On a subsequent appointment they used Prilocaine 4% with 1:200,000 epinephrine, and while I did get a very slight "epinephrine reaction" it worked extremely well on the upper. So....in short it works great on the lower jaw for blocks but elsewhere it is unpredictable.Read More Read Less

Dlc | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/18/2019
Condition: Injection to cause Local Loss of Feeling or Numbness

I have reaction to anesthesia with epinephrine. My doctor used carbocaine today and everything was great. The numbness stayed numb for enough time to do the work and I didn't feel any pain. I had no reactions to the drug.

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/10/2017
Condition: Injection to cause Local Loss of Feeling or Numbness

Received 3 injections prior to a dental filling. Instead of numbing the entire area it made me extremely groggy, sleepy, slurred my speech and seriously elevated my blood pressure. After waiting a while my blood pressure subsided a bit and the drilling was done (without pain). I left the dentist with a terrible headache and still a little groggy and slurring my words. Later I went to the E/R. When I checked in my systolic BP was 202. They monitored me for 3 hours and gave me an EKG, Blood Tests and a Brain CAT scan to check for a stroke. The tests were negative and I was discharged. I have had the drug before with no problem, but am concerned about future dental work.Read More Read Less

carbocaine | 75 or over | Male | Patient
5/30/2016
Condition: Local Anesthesia Injected to Block Nerve Transmission
Carbocaine | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/16/2012
Condition: Local Anesthesia Injected to Block Nerve Transmission

As a lifetime cardiac patient, I have been unable to use Novacaine, as the amount of Lidocaine has adversly affected my heart, causing it to race to unhealthy levels. I have had multiple dental treatments over the last ten years, usuing Carbocaine every time. I have had very good results, decreased pain levels, numbness lasting only a short while, and no adverse reactions to my heart. I will NEVER have any dental work with anything but Carbocaine.