I have had over 10- 4 hour ketamine infusions for rsd/crps pain. Ketamine is the only drug that has helped decrease the pain, swelling and burning associated with the rsd. I had very little side effects and the results last about 4 to 6 months. Most insurance plans will not pay for the procedure and it is expensive, but worth every cent.

I have not started. I am wanting to gather more information.

osearth | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
9/9/2015

Ketamine can be utilized in great therapy with dramatic long term life changing experience. It should be prioritized to have sessions more economical and definitely more widely available.

do not do it!!!!!!!! | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/30/2014

I was given this by injection for severe depression, PTSD, and about 9 other mental illnesses. LET ME TELL YOU DO NOT DO THIS!! Hallucinations yes! It is the scariest thing that has ever happened to me. Look people, do not jump on board with this..it is awful! I have no idea what the hell happened to me but it was BAAADDDDDDDDDD. do not do it! you think your suicidal now, wait until you are under the influence of that injection.

help us pls | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
4/7/2013
Condition: Additional Medications to Treat Pain

it provides a temporary relief of breakthrough pain for patient,

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/17/2011
mauldinmillers | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/29/2011
Condition: Additional Medications to Treat Pain

I have not started. I am wanting to gather more information.

sia | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months |
12/11/2010
Condition: Additional Agent to Induce General Anesthesia

what is ketamine Inj? what is ketamine Inj? what is ketamine Inj?

Anonymous | 25-34 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/22/2010
Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/8/2010
Condition: Additional Medications to Treat Pain

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Caregiver
12/2/2009
Condition: Additional Agent to Induce General Anesthesia
Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/18/2009
Condition: Additional Medications to Treat Pain

It was a surreal experience. I was in a dreamlike state and had a halucination of a snowly, freezing cold strange world. It was difficult to get through but it di help my pain decrease significantly

maxie | 3-6 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
4/6/2009
Condition: Additional Medications to Treat Pain

ketemine was used to help pain control after I had kidney autotransplantation

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
2/24/2009
Condition: General Anesthesia

My son who has CP has to be completely out to do any dental work or to have any tests (CT scans etc.). Ketamine worked FANTASTIC! I wish we would've known about it many years ago!!! He was sleepy but didn't notice any problems.

haunteddreams213 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/10/2009
Condition: Additional Local Anesthesia

I had an Occipital Nerve Block and was given Ketamine in addition to my local anesthesia. That night I had nightmares, vivid hallucinations, headaches, and general distress. I called my nurse and he informed me that while this reaction is "rare", it does occur in certain types of people--people that are sensitive to medication. Always discuss this with your doctor pre-procedure. I was not given the information until afterward.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Caregiver
12/27/2008
Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/31/2008
Condition: General Anesthesia

I was given Ketamine as a general during reconstructive surgery after skin cancer removal. It put me out, but I had vivid, unpleasant hallucinations for about 3 hours and then had a difficult recovery for the next few days, just feeling out of it. I was told I had to be given a relatively large dose. I am about 210 lbs and in good weight training and cardio shape. I will ask not to be treated with Ketamine in the future.