alot of side effects. some even that fall i the severe catagory. but still on it. why?

Made me very tired, blurry eyed, coughing, blood sugar rising, loss of appetite, nausea.

hopeless | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/10/2015
Condition: Having a Rapid Heart Action - Supraventricular Tachycardia

Within mins. of taking this drug, my throat swelled up. Benadrill was administer by ambulance paramedics so I could breath. this was 25mg and my first pill of this kind.

lorib | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month |
6/10/2014
Condition: A Type of Fast Heartbeat - Paroxysmal Atrial Tachycardia

Drug increased existing anxiety level to the point of me not sleeping even though I took it in the morning. I started with 25mg and when I reported the insomnia to my cardiologist, I was told to cut it in half. I immediately experienced extreme tiredness for 2 days - I had trouble getting off the couch and had foggy thinking.I reported this to my doctor and was told to stop and report back to his office. Unfortunately, I was out of state and could not. I was not provided and warningd about stopping the medication but I later found out that one must not engage in strenuous activity while it cycles out of your system. I went on a slow 3 mile walk and upon arriving at my vacation condo, I experienced over 30 minutes of non stop rapid heartbeats. After that I was getting about one short bout of rapid heartbeats an hour all day. Today only an occasional thump in my chest. My warning is this, this drug is strong and one needs medical help/advise when stopping it's use. Hopefully your cardiologist is more responsible than mine.

northernsky61 | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/30/2014
Condition: A Type of Fast Heartbeat - Paroxysmal Atrial Tachycardia

I was experiencing PAT at least twice/day until I was started on Lopressor at 100mg twice a day. My episodes of PAT stopped immediately, and if I do have rapid beats they are around 120-160 BPM. Without the medication it would be 220 BPM. I also have zero side effects other than my heart rate can go as low as 48 beats per minute, but I have no ill effects from the decrease. Wonderful Beta Blocker.

xoxomotoxoxo | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/9/2014
Condition: A Type of Fast Heartbeat - Paroxysmal Atrial Tachycardia

I have been on this medication for about two months. I am 18 going on 19. It has helped reduce my episodes but I still have had about 3 (may need to get dosage upped) HOWEVER, being so young, my doctor does not know if she wants me to continue on the medication. It made me dizzy at first..loss of appitite regularly still. Also have been some-what constipated. If you are a younger person with SVT, get a second opinion before your body becomes used to the medication.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/18/2014
Condition: Having a Rapid Heart Action - Supraventricular Tachycardia

The heart palpitations (PVCs and skips/spasms)that I notice seem to have decreased 70-80% over first week of use. I feared it might cap my aerobic workout where I drive my heart to 130+ periodically but it appears to only moderately supress this. I'd likely need actual monitoring to understand effectiveness of 50mg per day dose. Started taking in PM but could not sleep, so take in am and makes me drowsier than I am normally. Slight dizziness on standing on occasion.