Cleared my sinus infection, felt better in two days-continued treatment for 10 days.

I used this medication for a tooth abscess. I used it only for 4 days when I developed SEVERE stomach pain and diarrhea. I stopped it immediately. It has been 3 weeks since stopping it and I still have severe diarrhea.

Jessdee85 | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/6/2020
Condition: infection caused by bacteria

This drug was used for tooth infection so they could be pulled. I will never take this crap again! Yes the infection is gone. Yes the pain is gone, but the mental state of confusion and anxiety that this med induced made me stop taking it. I am still tired, a bit confused and anxious. I can take the z pak just fine, but this, NEVER EVER AGAIN!

meme | 55-64 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/30/2018
Condition: Acute Bacterial Infection of the Sinuses

When I get a really bad sinus infection when it goes down into my chest this is the only antibiotic that I have been given that really works. It knocks it out quick. One time when my doctor was on vacation there was another doctor filling in and he wouldn't give it to me he insisted the z pack was the way to go but it didn't even come close. I kept waiting for it to kick in. Even though erythromycin is a old antibiotic it's the best for me.

Just Trying To Help | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/6/2017
Condition: Infection caused by the Bacteria Listeria Monocytogenes

I've taken Erythromycin many times for various infections. (bacterial) Always works well, but I have to take with a full meal and even then it's hard on the stomach. I cannot take it with a glass of water. It's very harsh. Never any LBM for me, but it makes you feel like you've not eaten in days. Super growly tummy which makes you want to eat and eat. Takes many hours to work it's way thru. I take it with a full meal and then go to bed right away. Wake up next morning feeling much better.

resentful | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/9/2017

Paradise Ranch | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/5/2017
Condition: Strep Throat

The drug pamphlet should have more listings under the severe side-effects. I have never experienced a side-effect from a drug as I did from this one. Not only did I experience severe stomach pains, bloating, and gas, but also went into a seizure like symptoms. I ended up in the emergency room until stabilized several hours later. I would "NOT" recommend this drug to anyone and it should come with hefty warnings on the labels when it is prescribed.