Despite 5 surgeries and countless "injection treatments," I continue to experience severe neck pain. For the first 10 years, I resisted the use of any opiods until I was totally exhausted and no longer tough enough to "grin and bear it." Of course, my pain treatment did not begin with Methadone and it wasn't until Oxycontin was no longer effective that Methadone was even suggested. Although I cont...

Makes me sick and very sleepy, lethargic. A terrible drug for pain.

Anonymous | 3-6 |
9/21/2020
Condition: Severe Pain
imisaminjasnedfkjsnd | 25-34 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/2/2020
Condition: Drug Withdrawal Syndrome in Newborn Infant

https://dolphin-emu.org/ < what your actually looking for

JenBens | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/21/2018
Condition: Severe Pain

I've been on 7.5 mg a day for 2 months and it's not helping much. Dr went straight to methadone from 15 mg a day of hydrocodone, the only other opiate I have ever taken! This medication scares me to death, I don't know if it's worth the repeated pain management appts to keep taking it.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | Patient
3/6/2016
Condition: Chronic Pain

My son was born addicted to methadone. He was in hospital for 2 weeks and then they tapered him down. He is a fine extremely smart 6 year old now. I just wanted to share my experience with any mom whose worried to death about their baby. It was not that big of a deal. It had no lasting effects and he didn't really even seem to be to bothered.

TommyD. | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
2/21/2015
Condition: Chronic Pain

Methadone has helped treat my chronic pain even though it isn't my first choice for treatment. I have tried about everything, from fentanyl, to oxycontin, to morphine. The oxycontin worked well until it was reformulated at which time I needed oxycodone along with the oxycontin for breakthrough pain. Morphine worked well but a tolerance was quick in the works & you had to dose frequently. I was hoping that a new drug z-hydro would be available but allot of people that don't have or never experienced chronic pain objected to it & now the doctors will not prescribe it. The methadone does work well & stays with you long enough that it is about the best choice at this time however doctors have a tendency to prescribe the lowest dose(they too haven't experienced chronic pain from cancer). Maybe someday people will realize that it is better to make a person comfortable with this condition instead of worrying about side-effects & addiction. I mean really...when a person is dying, who cares about side-effects ect.,ect.