Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
7/23/2012
Priscilla | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years |
9/6/2011
Condition: Motion Sickness

Though it works for the time with motion sickess as when I went to Italy and rode a bus on the Amalfi Coast Hwy ride....(ugh). The after affects lately are horrible. Recently I have had to ride the California Coast with lots of curves. I cant keep my eyes open, I am sluggish, skin feels like it is crawling off my body, and I want to lay down a lot. It works but I cant stand the way I feel after the need is gone.

frequent flyer | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
9/4/2011
Condition: Motion Sickness

i tried to refill my prescription and was told this drug was no longer being manufactured. how sad its the only medication that has helped my motion sickness including the patch. Now what to use???

Ddfged | 13-18 | Male | Patient
7/31/2011
Condition: Prevention of Motion Sickness

I found myself not nassues but in a hallucinogenic trance.

joeyd4 | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/20/2010
Condition: Motion Sickness

I use the pill now not the patch, much more effective and easier to use. Can take more if neseccary on rougher days.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
7/26/2010
Condition: Motion Sickness

why can't I find any info on the patch??? I want to know if it comes in a stronger dose than 1.5mg wtf

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/23/2010
Condition: Motion Sickness

I am one of those poor souls that gets seasick just watching a boat rock at the dock. Friends thought it was humorous and others thought it was curious that I am an active ocean scuba diver with this condition. I myself sometimes wondered too, when hanging over the side of a boat feeding the fish, why I was putting myself through this misery, and misery it is! Then I started using The Patch which worked great preventing seasickness, though it was a bit of a pain to use because in removing my hood, or taking a shower, I many times also removed The Patch and I also got a bad case of dry mouth with its use, maybe made worse by breathing dry air from a scuba tank. All in all though, the relief I received from The Patch on the open ocean far outweighted its minor, in comparison, drawbacks. Then I found out about Scopace tablets and after using them on a couple of ocean dive trips, with great results, I've never had to used The Patch again. One or two .4 mg tablets an hour or two before we leave the dock, depending on the conditions, and I've never been seasick, or worried about it since. Now I don't have to worry about when to put The Patch on, or about inadvertantly pulling it off, or about dry mouth, which is now only a little worse then what I get from breathing dry scuba tank air. So far I have only used Scopace tablets on half/full day scuba trips but in a couple of weeks my wife and I will be going on an Alaskan cruise, and while I will be taking along a prescription for The Patch I am confident that the Scopace tablets will be the only medication I will need to ward off seasickness. I'm hoping any way. Read More Read Less

Terry01 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/25/2010
Condition: Prevention of Motion Sickness

I have always had motion sickness when traveling..When I was younger, I would get sick and vomit anytime I rode in the back seat of a vehicle. As I got older, it got worse, accompanied by vertigo very often. I was put on Meclizine for the vertigo, but it did nothing for the motion sickness. I was to the point I couldn't even ride into town with someone else without getting sick. I began taking Scopace for vehicle use in 2007 and have been using it every since. I can make trips now without even a hint of sickness. I only take half a pill for 4 hour or less trips and a whole pill for trips greater than that. It does make me tired and I get a little bit of dry mouth, but the benefits very much so outweigh the effects. I can actually go on trips now without having to worry about being so sick that I have to stay in bed the whole time! Scopace is my life saver!Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/19/2010

I have Endolymphatic Hydrops, a variation of Meniers disease. I have severe dizziness and nausea. If I am late taking a dose by even one hour it's like I never took anything, and have to start all over again.

Punchaw | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
2/12/2010
Condition: Motion Sickness

I have used this drug several years for motion sickness. On Deep Sea fishing trips and on cruises. It was also recommended by my physician when I had a bad case of veritgo (along with some antibiotics) Twice a day (every 12hours) I am good, even if I am nauseated to start with, it takes the nausea away and I can enjoy the trip. Far superior to the patch behind the ear and no bad side effects for me. (Dramamine knocks me out.) I am suprised when my friends doctors do not prescribe it, I think some physicians are not familiar with this form of scopolamine. I highly recommend it. Some of my friends seem to require only half a dose. I find I have to be well hydrated before taking so I don't get dry mouth.Read More Read Less

Helene | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/7/2009

I take scopace in low dose for a few days every 3-4 months to treat depression and it works without side effects and without other costly drugs. It has changed my life. If you take it at bedtime it's out of your system within 8 hours-hence no side effects.

Lauren | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/8/2009
Condition: Motion Sickness

Completely effective at preventing motion sickness. I take it about 2 hours before flying and avoid all the motion sickness that used to cause me great discomfort when flying. However, the side effects are strong for me and start about 30 minutes after taking the drug -- they include significant diziness, drowsiness and drymouth. I would definitely not recommend driving after taking the drug until you have had experience with your level of side effects.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
9/7/2008
Condition: Prevention of Motion Sickness

It really works well for motion sickness. I use it every time I am on a boat out in the ocean. The only down fall to this drug is the side effects. They seem to always hit me a day after I stop taking it. Most common side effect is the widen pupils and also some numbing feelings to my lower legs. But overall a real good drug for motion sickness, and the only one that works for me.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | Patient
6/1/2008
Condition: Motion Sickness

Dramamine stopped working for me years ago, causing me to avoid flying. But I took Scopace on a 6 hour flight and actually enjoyed the flight for the first time ever. Didn't get sick, didn't get clammy. I would never travel by air without my Scopace. I call it my miracle drug. My husband is so happy now that I don't avoid vacations.

USCTrojanAnhood | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/18/2007
Condition: Motion Sickness

I was on a week long Mexico fishing trip from ocean kayaks. The first day out, I was sick and vomiting for nearly 10 hours. This made a great chum line for my buddies, but a horrific trip for me. Dramamine and Bonnie over the counter motion sickness meds did not work. I took one Scopace each morning and it lasted the day and made my trip. I had no side effects during the 5 days I took the medication. I took it with breakfast each morning. I believe my morning dose was .04mg. Even in really choppy water, I had no problems. Usually over the counter meds cause me to feel really uneasy and clammy. Scopace did not!Read More Read Less