I am a 75 year old male in generally good health and have been taking this drug for over 3 years. I have developed an allergic reaction to a broad variety of environmental conditions and/or perhaps the drug interaction of several other drugs I take for high blood pressure, acid reflux and enlarged prostate. Chlorpheniramine Melate is the active ingredient in other more expensive medications recomm...

Kippy H | 19-24 | Nonbinary | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/1/2021
Condition: Inflammation of the Nose due to an Allergy

this stuff is magic in a pill. its incredibly effective on seasonal allergies and works very quickly. i work in a feed store where i regularly have to handle alfalfa hay, which i am allergic to, and it even reduces my reaction to that. the ONLY downside ive noticed with this drug is that it typically only lasts for 3-5 hours, which is unfortunate. it can also make you dizzy or light-headed, especially if you are exercising/working or if you arent drinking enough water. still, a very small price to pay for good, reliable allergy relief :)

Pat in NJ | 65-74 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
3/12/2021
Condition: Itching

This medication is excellent for the occasional sudden allergic reaction. I have been using this drug for 60 years -yikes! Back in the 60's it was in a drug called Fedahist, a combination of chlorpheniramine / pseudoephedrine, which was prescribed by my allergist. Chlorpheniramine is now sold as a generic and is a great alternative to Benadryl. The tablets can be broken in half so you can regulate the amount that you need and the drug only lasts for 4 hours. If my allergic condition (mostly intense itching) doesn't subside in 30 minutes after taking a half tablet, I take the other half. If I have a runny nose, I start with a full tablet. I have one of these tables with me at all times.

asdfgjnll | 13-18 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/26/2018
Condition: Cough

It doesn't work loo

Activetraveler | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/30/2018

Unexpectedly, chlorpheniramine maleate & phenylephrine HCL tabs ("Allergy") help greatly to reduce my lower back pain! I have tight glut, piriformis & hamstring muscles on left side. NSAIDS have never helped. This tab seems to calm the involved nerves. Happy to have discovered this! I take just 1/2 tab at bedtime, and if needed same mid-day, and I keep on moving! I alternate use with diphenhydramine (Benedryl), which helps in the same way.

Critic1 | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
7/10/2015
Condition: Runny Nose

I have used this drug for 25 years or more for severe seasonal allergies. They used to make a 8mg time release tablet that was the best, not sure why that was taken off the market as it was the best ever and my allergist and other Dr's agree with this it is the only drug that actually works. Taking the drug at night helps with allergy all day or allows for smaller dose in daytime so not so sleepy. Wish they would bring back the 8mg pill.