I am taking dilantin now and it has done me wonders beside I got healed by jesus christ my lord and IM cured from epilepsy.

I don't recomend these medecine to nobody. Its no good and dangerous and harmful.

jan | 65-74 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
12/25/2020
Condition: Convulsive Seizures

only the band name pfizer works for me. now they have put it in a plastic bottle after their merger and i can't use it because of allergies. no warning changed bottle 10/20. i thought the fda had to allow 1 to 5 years for a transference off this drug. i've used it since 27. best drug going. i also question the safety of it in plastic bottles because of leeching materials into the drug. anybody test that like to see the data. great drug big mistake putting it into plastic. looks like a class action suit but it wouldn't help me or others. change the bottle back'

Sandra | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
12/26/2019
Condition: Tonic-Clonic Epilepsy

I've been taking Dilantin for almost 30 years. Yes, when taken as prescribed, I have no seizures. It's the only medication that has worked for me. But, it comes with horrible side effects. I have gingival hyperplasia, swollen lymph nodes, depression, anxiety, and I'm constantly tired. Not to mention, trying to concentrate is almost impossible. All this being said, it's still better than having seizures. Some would last for 30 or more minutes and it took days to feel "normal" again. I suppose one has to weigh the good with the bad and choose which option is best for them. For me, the good outweighs the bad. There was nothing worse for me than seeing my daughter's terrified face when I woke from my seizures.

Dilantin | 25-34 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/5/2017
Condition: Epileptic Seizure

I went into a horrible depression from this medication and lost the hair on my face, eyebrows and eyelashes. As soon as I was switched to a different medication my depression was gone within weeks and my eyebrows and eyelashes grew back.

Hope | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/24/2016
Condition: Epileptic Seizure

I have taken Dilantin since I was 16 years old. I am now 82. Later primodin and neurortin were added. I had few side effects and few break through but remember all Seizers are different. Everyone should have a GOOD neurologist and have your blood level check every six months. Mayo clinic was the place I got the most help. I have my BS and MA. Taught school for 27 years. Have hope and stay strong. If you have break through, see a good neurologist!.

Anonymous | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
4/24/2016
Condition: Convulsive Seizures

Had my first seizure soon after my 2nd child was born, 22 years ago. I've been on Dilantin ever since.