AS time goes on I am taking now taking an extra 4 puffs a day using it 3 times a day instead of twice a day.

maunurse | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
1/17/2014
Condition: Asthma

I had used Azmacort for many years with great results. Asthma controlled in conjunction with Serevent. Suddenly, it is no longer available. I have tried several steroid inhalers since & have been plagued with recurrent bouts of oral thrush despite faithfully rinsing after use. HELP!

Charlie | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
9/7/2012
Condition: Asthma

I had been using Azmacort inhalers from the middle 1980's with excellent results (no problems ever). In march of 2010 Medco, my supplier< told me Azmacort was no longer available because it was no longer being made. Since then my doctors have had me try 5 or 6 other inhalers which have resulted in severe lower back and leg pains when used at the suggested dosage. when using the current inhaler I have I have cut the dosage I ues to i/2 the recommended dosage. So far this seems to be working out OK. My question is, have I been given some bad information about Azmacort no longer being available? If this is true I believe I have been steered to use inhalers that are much more expensive. What is the truth here?Read More Read Less

grannybee2 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
8/27/2010
Condition: Asthma

I have used Azmacort for many years with very good control of my asthma. It is a shame that it is being discontinued. There is no generic to fall back on.

KJG | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/19/2010
Condition: Asthma

I have used azmacort for many years and have found it to be very helpful. I have not found any other medication that works as effectively and am very disappointed that the medication is being discontinued.

Elsie | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
4/26/2010

IT help me.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | Patient
3/15/2010
Condition: Asthma

Azmacort worked well for me but it is no longer being manufactured by Abbot Lab because of the problem of CFC. My lungs were open and the medication did not irritate my lungs. I was happy with it.

hbradford | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
3/6/2010
Condition: Asthma

I have used Azmacort since 1993, and it has been a life-saver to me. Now, because our international politicians have decided it MAY adversely effect the environment, it has been taken off the market. The result for me is my ability to breathe and function have been severely impaired. I've contacted Abbott phamaceutical company and was told there are no plans to adapt it to meet new Copenhagen conference guidelines. Since there seems to be no other product on the market containing triamcinolone acetonide, I'm feeling pretty lousy. Got any suggestions?Read More Read Less

elfreda | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
2/15/2010
Condition: Asthma

very helpful have taken it for over 14years. kept my asthma very well controlled. sorry its no longer being manufactured

Hope | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/17/2009

Two months on Azmacort,did not aleviate my shortness of breath. Side effects were devastating. I felt worse than before I started. Nausea,joint pain,headaches, sore throat and shaky. Very expensive. Switched to Advair,did not work so well, and again had a real problem with all the side effects.I do not have asthma, but was a long time smoker, having quit a few months ago.I'm going to try to tough it out without any inhalers and see if I feel better. I felt better before I started. I have been advised that there are also many side effects while withdrawing from the inhalers. Wish I knew the answer. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
11/5/2008
jojo | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/9/2008
Condition: Asthma

Seems to work. Use daily with 2 puffs in the evening. Usually take 6 to 8 puffs when suffering from severe colds.

liquid_dark | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/27/2008
Condition: Asthma

I have been on this medication for about six months. The only downfall I see is the cost. Its really pricy but for me its well worth it. I used to be on singulair which lost its effectivness because i used it for so long. This was a replacement and I have not had a problem since. I no longer have to use my nebulizer at night and I rarely use my rescue inhaler. I highly reccomend this drug for anyone who needs better control of their asthma.

alinsfnm | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
1/28/2008
Condition: Asthma

I first started Azmacort in '92 and it worked very well for me till '98 when I was taken off of it. I went back to it in 2001 after a bad experience with a different inhaler and all the side effects of the other cleared up -- I've never had side effects from Azmacort, and I really appreciate that. It was really effective for me the first 5 years. Now my disease is more advanced, and it has not given me adequate control.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
12/1/2007
Melanie | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/13/2007
Condition: Asthma

Had to increase dosage, gained weight, ended up with dryness of mouth amd sinus passage, increase of mucus in the throat, had to quit using.

Big Dave | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/13/2007
Condition: Asthma

sissy3753 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
10/13/2007
Condition: Asthma

It works but cost is very high,so i cannot use as prescribed