A little smelly and messy, but well worth the trouble for fast results! My dermatologist has prescribed many different meds for my elbow with mixed, often short term results. This is by far the best option for me.

Coal tar has been found to be linked to cancer, its metabolites are carcinogenic: https://www.jwatch.org/jd199502010000001/1995/02/01/are-coal-tar-shampoos-safe even the Canadian government has prohibited most and is still finding more: https://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/cps-spc/cosmet-person/labelling-etiquetage/ingredients-eng.php#a4.2 https://www.collective-evolution.com/2012/04/10/you-have-the-right...

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | Patient
6/11/2020
Condition: Psoriasis

I have had bad psoriasis for 15 years, covering my scalp, pubic area, and most recently, 70% of my back, with a few other spots on and off. The dermatologist recommended this (after I had refused all the drugs and the listed side effects). We tried it on my back, and within a month, my back was clearing up. So I shaved my head and we treated there as well. I am happy to say that the places that it was used are all clear now. And when I spot a new flare up, it only takes about a week of once a day spot treatment and it goes away. My massage therapist and other doctor were amazed at how quickly my back cleared up and have spoken of my experience to other patients/customers.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Caregiver
6/1/2017
Condition: Scaly Oily Skin Problem Primarily On Face and Scalp

coal tar is benzine which causes leukemia

King Ben | 35-44 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
7/24/2016
Condition: Psoriasis

I have tried many things for psoriasis and coal tar is the most effective thing I've used. I use it in both ointment (Psoriasin) and shampoo (T gel) form. It has an annoying odor, but the benefits are worth it. I have seen a 95% clearing of my symptoms using only coal tar. I would highly suggest coal tar to anyone with plaque psoriasis.

GettingBetterNow | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/6/2016
Condition: Psoriasis

I developed psoriasis on my scalp with itching so severe I thought I had lice. Despite treatments, the itching continued and worsened to the point where I had plaques and pustules. It itched to the point where I'd wake up and scratch like crazy. I found the scalp treatment at the drug store, and it hit the itch like a fire extinguisher. I have been using it every morning for a week so far, and my scalp is smooth and itch free until it's time for me to take a Benadryl at night. I've been advised I might need to use this every day for a few weeks to get it under control, but that's no problem. No itch!

Roughwhine | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/29/2015
Condition: Dandruff

It really worked for me,I've tried many products and nothing seemed to help but using the tar my scalp is clean, itch and flake free