Monurol is an excellent medication for UTI, and I always have severe UTI infections, horrible pain, burning, severe urgency, etc.... this medication is a godsend. It has worked everytime for UTI and they stay gone. However, this medicine is not commonly prescribed so it is hard to obtain from pharmacy's as they NEVER seem to carry it. It always has to be ordered in and when you have a severe uti w...

I have never used monurol before and thought that a one dose antibiotic was a good idea. Althought my symptoms were relieved with in 2&1/2 hours, the S/E's were awful. I felt like I had been kicked up and down the back, abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhea and fatigue. I will never use this drug again. I had to take a day and a half off work. The third day after taking it I woke up feeling grea...

Tommy | 13-18 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/6/2022
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection

Worked very well despite a bit of diarrhoea really pleased to get sorted out Excellent medication

Ms M | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
1/22/2022
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

I've had many UTIs through the years and this is the only medication I want to use. I've tried all the traditional meds given by doctors and most caused severe side effects but this one beats everything else I've ever tried. The symptoms of a UTI are relieved very quickly!

Anne | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/26/2021
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

Absolutely wished this medicine was prescribed to me before. I get uti's a fair bit and taking the pills before we're awful, and I don't forget to take this all at once. Excellent product.

Kate Robinson | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/1/2021
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection

I had a HORRIBLE uti and was prescribed this medication while over seas. They say after taking the mixture to wait a few hours or as long as possible before you go pee, because you could pee the medicine out. I waited about an hour, but the UTI was making it impossible to hold longer. I drank tons of water and rested for the entire day. Today i woke up and all my symptoms are gone. This medicine is great ! But i do have to say it will make you feel very tired, a bit of a headache and dizzy. Better than having UTI symptoms though. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/16/2020
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

Although the infection eventually went after a few days, the side effects of this drug are horrible- I had awful diarrhoea for 3 days and the symptoms of the UTI infection didn’t go completely until 4 days after beginning treatment.

Impatient | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/21/2019
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection due to E. Coli Bacteria

Recommended to my GP by a microbiologist in the lab, for my frequent antibiotic- resistant UTIs. Took exactly according to instructions, and I was very hopeful, but it didn't work.

Don’t Use | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/21/2019
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

This drug does NOT work. The second day after you take it the symptoms will lessen and you’ll think it’s working. But no, the day after that the symptoms come back 10x worse. I was hopeful that it would work for me and didn’t listen to the already bad reviews about this product. If you doctor gives you this, go back and ask for a different one

Memmie | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/6/2019
Amandam16 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/22/2019
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

I was very skeptical at first, one packet of meds that tasted like koolaid. I am also very allergic to a whole list of antibiotics but I gave it a shot. Well I drank it and about 3 hours into it all my symptoms were gone. No bloating, burning, frequency to go. This drug is amazing, the only thing I would complain about is the stomach cramps you get with it but they were easily managed.

caroline | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/12/2019
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection

Have frequent UTI's. Always was proscribed Macobid or Cipro or something similar. Monurol worked almost instantly. Another time it didn't seem to work as well. My doctor insisted on a lab test and it turned out that the infection was not caused by the usual bacteria but by ecloi. So, you should take something right away (the pain etc are unbearable)but if it doesn't seem to work, get a lab culture. further analysis. Your time on medication box doesn't make sense to me as these infections come once or twice a year.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/3/2019
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection

I had a UTI,my doctor prescribed Macrobid even though I had previously experienced side effects. In less than 24 hrs, I was experiencing side effects again. I went to my doctors office, and he told me to go to the ER since I was exhibiting symptoms of a possible kidney event. I was diagnosed with a UTI. Due to my extensive list of drug allergies (PCN,cipro,macrobid,sulfa, etc), the ER physician prescribed Monurol after consulting the hospital pharmacist. I had a dose while in the ER. I was given a script for 2 packets to be taken 48 hrs apart. This part kind of concerns me, since the recommendation is one packet. I did experience a bout of diarrhea. I feel much better, but still having a slight burning sensation. Also, my insurance declined coverage. (Medicare Part D) I had to pay a WHOPPING $216.00 for 2 packets. I have filed an appeal of the denial. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | Patient
11/7/2018
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection

I'm doing UTI twice a year. This is the second time I'm using monurol with absolutely NO results. Very disapointing. I will never use it again.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/6/2018
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

Best thing yet kept me out of the hospital several times . Only thing that helps me when I get one. The problem I have with is the price hard for me to get it when I need it and can't get help .

doris | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/26/2018
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection due to E. Coli Bacteria

Be prepared for sudden diarrhea... just had to get in shower was so bad. Second time taking it. The infection cleared up in three days but unfortunately came back... due to cystitis, ibs d and previous radiation damage to bladder . I too cannot take penicillin and two years ago dr gave me something like Cipro .. another Quinolone drug, and now have nerve damage... so Monurol is safest for me.

Lisalisa | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/24/2018
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

Easy but it contains saccharin. If I knew I wouldn’t have taken it. But it beats 7 days of alternatives which rarely work. I think it’s worked. Only been 6 days

Lauren | 19-24 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/18/2018
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection

I took it at night and woke up feeling a bit better but still with the same stinging sensation. It didnâ??t really work. Very disappointing

Tobey | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/17/2018
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection

Easy to use just powder in water. But it didn’t work. I’m in so much pain I need to go try something else. I was so hopeful after reading the reviews here.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Female | Patient
4/9/2018
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection due to E. Coli Bacteria

The symptoms of uti are gone but have had the worse watery diarrhea ever! Cramps..headache and nausea for 3+days.

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/3/2018
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

Did not work for me at all. Made my symptoms worsed. Suffered for 5 days. What worked for me was natural products, VitaCist, Sisu vitamine C and probiotics. One dose of VitaCist and the benefits were felt right away. Monurol was the worst for me.

Canuck_Mtl | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/25/2018
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection

I get UTI every 2 years or so and was always prescribed Cipro for a 7 day regimen. This time the doctor suggested this "new" one dose medication. I am in Canada and a 1 dose of 3g of Monurol costs 21$ and only 4$ with insurance coverage. It is easy to prepare (just throw the contents of the packet in little water and drink it! A sweet taste, without any "medical" or bitter aftertaste). Took it at night, my symptoms were gone the next day. I wish I could get a couple of those packets to keep them handy for.next time!Read More Read Less