Started taking Diclofenac 75 mg EC twice a day for shoulder pain. It not only eliminated my shoulder pain, I no longer have knee pain and even my bunion is less bothersome! After about 3 weeks, I thought I would reduce to once a day and then stop taking it altogether, but the pain in my knees and shoulders quickly returned. I will call my doctor and see if I can get a refill and ask if he shoul...

Doesn't stop the pain at all. Gives me indigestion at night so bad I can't sleep. Makes me constipated. All in all, I don't like this drug and won't take it anymore. I've tried twice and that was enough for me!

IndianaGirl | 45-54 | Female | Patient
7/31/2021

I have a pinched nerve or possibly nerves in between C4,5,6 & 7. I have been prescribed two a day and I am on my second refill. I am now waiting to get in to a neurosurgeon to talk about options for my narrowing and frightening situation going on in my neck. I’ve been told as far by the physical therapy team treating me twice a week that I should refrain from doing my normal activities like weeding, mowing the lawn am I riding lawnmower, walking, or doing anything to aggravate my neck including sightseeing while walking. Read More Read Less

Just me | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/31/2021
Condition: Arthritis

Gives me a huge headache.

Randy | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/16/2021
Condition: Arthritis

I have severe muscle and joint pain that has gone undiagnosed. The doctor put me on one 75mg dose a day and it worked great. After a couple of years it has become less effective. He changed me to twice a day and I have been doing that for a year and a half but now it seems like it is becoming less effective. Here is my big issue with it . . . when I have to go off of it for surgery or something my body blows up with pain within 24 hours. I have talked to several doc's that say it does know have withdrawal issues and I haven't been off of it long enough to see if the pain diminishes. I can't wait to get back on it. My fear is its effect is wearing off and they will not let me go to 3 times a day.Read More Read Less

sdjf | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/21/2021
Condition: Arthritis

Increased hypertension, made my hips hurt is a different way, still had pain when trying to sleep. side effects: stiff neck, decreased urinary output, decreased appetite, insomnia were too much but when I read about it I was shocked to learn MAJOR ADVERSE CARIO EVENTS increased by ONE THIRD. I stopped taking it. Give me aspirin any day.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/17/2021
Condition: Joint Damage causing Pain and Loss of Function

This is the most effective NSAID medication I have found for my low back pain. I give myself breaks...to reduce any kidney/liver damage. I think it is less harsh on the stomach if taken with food.

Marlene | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/29/2021
Condition: Arthritis

I'm 47 and have tendonitis and arthritis in both knees. It takes all I got to stand up and walk. I only tried for 2 days.i thought I had another blockage in my intestines! I'm going to try it one more time though and finish my script because my knee pain is really bad.

5s5jct | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/10/2021
Condition: Arthritis

It has not relieved my pain nor inflammation with my knee and leg issues. It doesn’t seem strong enough to me.

Jawdog | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/3/2021
Condition: Joint Damage causing Pain and Loss of Function

As far as working it is great. Unfortunately, I had a reaction with mood swings. Almost ended my marriage until I ran out for a week or so and was normal again. Not sure what to do now since the pain is worse again.

informative | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
12/19/2020
Condition: Arthritis

This works better than Meloxicam and every other NSAID I've tried. Problem is it wears off after 6 hours! Doctor refuses to allow me to take more than 75mg twice per day that only covers me for half the day Ideally I would want it 9AM 3PM and 9PM - I've also tried two at once and the relief is amazing! Just not sure what the deal (risk) is with more and larger doses - wish someone would clarify why I am forced to switch to like 3-aspirins in the evenings

Lori | 45-54 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
11/4/2020
Condition: Arthritis

I took this medicine for years without an issue but after my quintuple bypass in combination with Lisinopril

Carole53aol.com | 75 or over | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/31/2020

Knee stiffness

Jim F | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/14/2020
Condition: Arthritis

I have had Ankylosing Spondylitis for 41 yrs now. Iâ??ve been on Nsaids for all this time. I was put on this a few months ago and after about 2 months, I developed side affects and once they got overwhelming, I realized I had 8 out of 9 common side effects. I am 59 and really wish this disease would burn out and give my body a bit of a rest.

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
4/25/2020
Condition: Joint Damage causing Pain and Loss of Function

I have 9 sever degenerative vertebra 4 in lower back and 5 in neck area. Take 75mg 3 times a day. I tried to stop taking them once for a week and suffered something awful. I take them Monday to Friday, and take a break on weekends to give my kidneys a break (2 different's suggestion). Make sure you eat or take a glass of milk with it.

mdh | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/27/2020
Condition: Joint Damage causing Pain and Loss of Function

Awful neck and right arm pain. Have two disc in my neck with arthritis. This drug helped immensely.

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
9/19/2019
Condition: Arthritis

Best of all the NSAIDS I have tried over the last two decades.

may 416 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/1/2019
Condition: Joint Damage causing Pain and Loss of Function

finally!! something that works!!!

SteveS | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/10/2019

I had a bad back strain. I couldn't even get off the bed. The NP prescribed diclofenac. The back pain subsided quickly and I was up and around in a couple days. I then noticed my chronic tennis elbow and sore rotator cuff pain were gone too. I tried to get a refill for my elbow and shoulder but the doc said taking this for long periods of time is bad for the stomach.

Denise | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/27/2019
Condition: Inflammation of the Tendon

Was having severe foot/arch pain. Dr prescribed 75mg twice a day, plus stretching, self massage

Sevillevan | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/11/2019
Condition: Inflammation of the Covering of the Tendon

I was prescribed this just as the seemingly endless holiday parties were kicking off, so that likely exacerbated my stomach issues. I was nearly prescribed to take this 3x/day but the doctor switched to 2x when he remembered I have hereditary high blood pressure. I'm glad he did, because I can't imagine the stomach pain I would have had with a more frequent dose. Once per day to twice per day was as much as I could handle. I switched back to the tried and true Ibuprofen and, it may not be quite as effective, but it does the job without the scary side effects.Read More Read Less

Kim | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/1/2018
Condition: Arthritis

I was taking two Aleve prior to trying the RX for diclofenac. I started to feel less pain in my hip and knees, but I don�t think my stomach will ever be the same. I ended up with serious stomach pain, cramps and diarrhea, headaches etc. It�s been three days and my stomach still is a mess. I�m not sure which pain is the worst.