I took Serzone for 2 years from 1999 to 2001 during the most stressful and deepest depression I have ever been through. Although I have been depressed most of my life, after taking Serzone I felt cured and after 2 years of treatment I came off the medicine and actually did rather well for 4 years. After the "liver scare" most providers were unwilling to prescribe nefazodone in 2005 when I required...

Decades Nefazodone User | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
10/19/2020
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

I too have been on Nefazodone religiously going on 24 years... This is a SERIOUS problem for us, and I pray Teva takes it seriously, and does whatever they can in their power to get this resolved ASAP ! For me Nefazodone saved my life, I took Trazodone first in 1997, and Trazodone made my nose so stuffy, I could only breath through my mouth, and had to stop the Trazodone..... I cannot even state enough, how SERIOUS this is, PLEASE get this resolved as quickly as you can.... This is a MEDICALLY NECESSCARY drug for some of us for decades.. I call Teva once a week, and I will keep doing it, and I just pray those of us whose lives were saved and been on it for decades can find some at places, to hold us over till we get some update.... Teva is the ONLY Manufacturer, and Nefazodone is not a popular choice by many Doctors to prescribe, but the fact is us long term users had our lives saved, and we are CHEMICALLY Dependent on it after years, and decades for some.... Please Teva, your the only one that makes this... Please do your best not to let this drag on month after month, this is very deeply stressful and upsetting for many of us

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/10/2019
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

I took this medication for several years before it was withdrawn from the market in Australia. It was the only medication that treated my dep & anx. Side effects for me were heavy sedation (esp. in mornings), restless legs, nausea, weight loss. But overall, I think the side effects were worth it. My liver function was monitored via blood tests and it was fine. Bring this back to the market in Australia; it is vital! There is no equivalent!

Anonymous | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/30/2017
Condition: Depression

Started Serzone (now nefazodone) in 1998 after giving up Prozac because of libido-killing side effect. It has been wonderful in every way. At one point had liver function tests because of some Serzone-related deaths in Europe; no problems for me. I take high dose (2.5 x 200mg), and rarely have problem getting prescription filled. N. has become important to my sleep patterns. I take it at bedtime; it helps me sleep; but if I forget, my head just gets weird and I sleep uneasily until I do take it. My condition is dysthymia, and N. is perfect for it.

mermaid | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/18/2015
Condition: Major Depressive Disorder

Back when this was brand new my GP gave me this for dual diagnosis panic disorder and Major Depressive Disorder with Psychotic Features. It worked great at a subtherapeutic dose in terms of destroying all the panic, depression, and suicidal ideation and also delusins and hallucinations BUT [and, this is a BIG big but!] I was sleeping a 20 freaking hours a day! For the 4 hours a day I was awake, I felt wonderful for the first time since I was well, back in my teens. She wanted me to stay on it but after 2 weeks it seemed to me this was not normal, especially since the pharmacists said they didn't know what overdose symptoms were yet. So even though GP was saying 'sometimes you need to sleep' I took myself off. Sure sleep is great but 20 hours per day for 14 days in a row? I hadn't even reached passed the initial introductory dose :-/. I don't like to be non-compliant but..after 3 weeks on it and nothing but sleep, off it I went. When I told my psychiatrist a few years later he said those were overdose symptoms and that stopping was a good thing. It has since been pulled off the market here for causing liver failure and from what shrink and pahramacist said, it was my liver making me sleep so much. :(

Dana | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
1/1/2015
Condition: Depression

After trying 7 antidepressants that didn't work 20 years ago, I'm hyperactive also, I finally was prescribed nefazadone/sera zone about 17 years ago. It's been a blessing. I finished my master's degree 5 years ago and looking to start my doctoral. I would love to do research related to this drug w/talk therapy on those w depression and ADHD.