I also use for anal itching. It really does reduce the swelling associated with hemorrhoids.

I have had severe pain inserting the suppositories. After doing this for two days I will stop. Just bought Planetary Herbals Horse Chestnut cream. Have no idea how effective this will be, but wanted to put it out there for those of you who want to research.

GM | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
6/12/2022
Condition: Hemorrhoids

I have used Prep H all my life with no problems. I had an old tube left over that I hadn't discarded. I purchased a new tube recently and used it and my gosh the worst burning ever! I compared the ingredients from the old tube to the new tube and many of the active ingredients had flip flopped to the inactive ingredients... and vice versa. Another point --the price was expensive in a large box with a very small tube inside. This is manipulation to the customer regarding the size they are purchasing. Even the internal insert tube was 75% smaller. Could the ingredient flip flop be the reason for the extreme burning? Don't know but never buy this again! Never! Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/30/2022
Condition: Hemorrhoids

I swear by this product and it’s my first time. My rectum was bleeding, sore, and in so much pain. Witch hazel wasn’t working and neither was the ointment. So I was suggested to use pH suppositories. Not only was it soothing going up, but immediately the throbbing was coated. The bleeding was halted until I needed another one and after like 4 there was no more bleeding. And even tho my bowel movements prior didn’t hurt, everything after was coming out even more smoothly. Lifesaver for real!!!!

Ann Bishop | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
7/31/2021
Condition: Hemorrhoids

I have used Preparation H for almost 50 years. I always have a tube with me. It has saved me from operations. Thank you Preparation H.

Never use Prep | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/2/2021
Condition: Hemorrhoids

I have used the suppositories which usually mean 10 minutes of stomach cramps before it stopped. I contacted the company and asked if it was safe to use and never got a reply. Then I tried to use the cream ointment. After about 10 days of using 3 or 4 times a day I started bleeding so bad I had to wear a feminine napkin and the stool was full of blood. The bleeding would stop during the day but a few hours after application the bleeding resumed and lasted all night. After two days of heavy bleeding I stopped using the Preperation cream and my bleeding immediate!y stopped. I will never use any Preparation H products again. I will be filing a complaint with the FDA.Read More Read Less

Sharon | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/12/2021
Condition: Hemorrhoids

After 1st suppository, swelling and pain reduced. Inserted another suppository 13 hours later, then all hell broke loose; couldn't sit or stand. Thought it was a relapse so just applied a third suppository (not inserted) to the external area; started have shock waves all through my body and burning sensation in the area. I've used Anusol in the past and I didn't have such a near-death experience. Only got this because Pharmacy didn't have Anusol suppositories. Anyway, it took several washes to get the area clean of the ointment. Applied Shea butter for lubrication. ***USE PREPARATION H AT YOUR OWN PERIL***Read More Read Less

MamaSoreButtð??? | 19-24 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/27/2020
Condition: Hemorrhoids

After my pregnancy I had horrible hemorrhoids that cause serious pain even with loose watery stools and this has been the only thing to help me. After using it for a little over a week I no longer have pain or rectal bleeding with bowel movements.

Berlys29 | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/11/2020
Condition: Hemorrhoids

I could not remove the child proof cap. I was also unable to return since I tossed the box. Their online contact would not allow me to send a complaint only a question. When I used the customer service number I was connected to India and someone who couldn’t understand what I was saying.

Shurob2007hotmail.com | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/6/2019
Condition: Anal Itching

I discovered that I do not have hemeroids. My cholesterol medication (Lipitor) confuses the brain into thinking you are severely itchu in the groin area, sometimes the hands and other areas. The treatment is using an antihistamine to convince the brain that you are not really itchy.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/8/2018
Condition: Hemorrhoids

I use this product whenever I have pain or bleeding from mild hemorrhoids. It relieves itching, pain, and softens my stool so I am able to make a bowel movement without pain. 10/10

Anonymous | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/2/2018
Condition: Hemorrhoids

Onlytemp relief and constant itching of the palms (hands) can not sleep

sunspiritt | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/6/2016

sani | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/13/2015

good

CJC | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/8/2015
Condition: Hemorrhoids

i read somewhere the side effects of this causes hemorrhoids - while using this after five days the hemorrhoids are getting worse probably because it does not help to kepp the area dry - right after using this the internal hemorrhoids just return along with external hemorrhoids that are just around the anus just beneath the skin - this causes dependence with no actual results. Apart from this i have been following all the doctors advice about diet + water. This medication is causing an epidemic of hemorrhoid conditions in the general public. Another thing do not try apple cider vinegar for hemorrhoids - it stings for five minutes if you apply directly to hemorrhoids then you will be in pain for an entire week at the end of the days when the preparation h wears off - i believe it has a rebound effect then it has to be cleaned well with something like witch hazel then it has to be kept dry internal and external. Perhaps put tissue in your rectum at the end of the day to allow the inside to air dry just be careful because toilet tissue is bad for your skin - it is abrasive. Now i am about to try witch hazel injected into an aloe vera tube using an ink cartridge refiller that was never used. How to keep the internal area dry ??? The large bowel naturally dries with time however this is too slow perhaps for aloe with witch hazel if it has water content. Read More Read Less

Saeid | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/8/2014
Condition: Anal Itching

This medication is not effective for anal itching due to hemorrhoids.

Ikabob | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
3/19/2014

I used this to support bowl movements past a swollen prostrate but found it caused my blood to collect and rob me of normal blood flow in other areas of my body. This may explain several of the previous comments.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/28/2014
Condition: Hemorrhoids

Did not use it for long. I broke out in a rash on my arms and stomach that was very itchy.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
1/14/2013

A Messenger | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/5/2012
Condition: Hemorrhoids

I had no idea that Preparation H could cause me to lose so much energy and cause a bit of a mental lapse ; and I only took it for a couple of days. It did get rid of the hemorrhoid but the side effects were so bad to where as I would never recommend this product to anyone. It is the enemy; especially if you have any type of viruses or immune deficiencies.

Miserable | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/7/2012
Condition: Hemorrhoids

It caused a very serious itchy rash one year ago (Aug 2011) and has not gone away one year later. I would not recommend it to anyone.

Anonymous | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/30/2010
Condition: Hemorrhoids

this product is easy to use and find. it works to some degree. not all my pain was relieved or the other issues for moderate stuff it works. mine needed surgery so probality not the best advice from me.