I had enough gas to keep the US from ever suffering a natural gas shortage! One Beano with meals solved the problem! I feel great and can now eat the vegetables I didn't dare eat before.

I will NEVER take Beano again. Took for gas and bloating. Within a half hour of taking Beano for the first time I got dizzy, nauseas and blacked out. Was told I was non-responsive for 10-15 seconds. Upon waking I immediately started vomiting. I then spent the next 45 minutes in the bathroom puking and diarrhea. Stomach cramps were horrible and I was sweating so profusely it was like I took a...

Jim | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/30/2022

Recommended by my Gastroenterologist instead of simethicone for gas/bloating. Very little effectiveness and periods of light belching (which I have never had in my 70 year life, so that was a bizarre experience); always felt a little "off" after taking it; several times I had light nausea, and one night at 2 am, after eating a light dinner (nothing unusual - and I wash all fruits and vegetables) I puked my guts out for the first time in at least 25 years. Felt lousy the next day, but after that I was fine. Stopped it - no more belching, no more nausea. NEVER taking it again!Read More Read Less

rjb | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/3/2022

Ate ham n’ beans for dinner so thought I’d try taking Beano to prevent the likely bad gas it would cause. Within hours of taking it (2 pills) I felt so sick started profusely vomiting to the point of dry heaves. It felt like food poisoning!

Jennifer | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/27/2022

I took beano for the first time today and I only took one instead of the recommended two. Within an 1 1/2 hours I developed severe stomach cramps that lasted for about 30 minutes. I think because I only took one I might have saved myself from extending the misery.

Kathleen | 55-64 | Female | Patient
3/19/2022
Condition: Indigestion

Hey y’all, for those of you that have tried EVERYTHING ?? for stomach issues, bloated, gas, and right out miserable to the point of depression to be honest… I have read so much I’m now a Noctor ??????? Lots of SO, much TIME I have invested.. But doctors are no help, sorry, but true… All those doctors online selling all these enzymes same as Beano by the way, just for a WHOLE LOTTA MONEY ?? MORE. ?? They just made my problems much, much worse. And cost me a fortune sadly! ?? This, this is a Miracle ?? I thought oh no should have started out with one, got nervous ?? well I’m 4 days in and ???????? I’M FEELING GOOD!! ????????Read More Read Less

more gas | 75 or over | Patient
2/1/2022
Condition: Indigestion

Hoped it would help for gas. Did nothing for it. Even tried 3 tablets and still zero results.

DebfromOhio | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/10/2022
Condition: Indigestion

Just like many other people reported on this site, about one hour after taking my first Beano, I developed a terrible headache and nausea. About one hour later I started vomiting and kept violently vomiting all night long (probably vomited about 50-60 times), and I still feel shaky and nauseated the next day. I called Beano and they said they have never had any adverse reactions reported, but they only monitor the Beano or Amazon websites. Please write in to share your experience. I feel that this product should not be on the market, but because it is considered a nutritional supplement (and not a drug) it is not subject to the same scrutiny! Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/20/2021
Condition: Indigestion

After about 20 minutes of taking the two, I got a headache and a feeling of a panic attack, will never use again.

Alice | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/28/2021

It has worked a little for gas but the side effects are horrible. Bad headaches and explosive diaherra and cramps. Not worth it.

R12 | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/9/2021

I took beano in hopes that it would help my body digest certain vegetables better. I took it for about 4 days and then that evening I felt kinda weird. I had a restless nights sleep and woke up around 3am with horrific diarrhea. This continued throughout he day followed by violent episodes of vomiting. I have never felt so sick. The stomach cramps were paralyzing and I became so dehydrated. It took me nearly three days to get over this 24 hour period of diarrhea, sweating, cramps, and vomiting. I lost around 5lbs in one day. Read More Read Less

MissBird | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/7/2021
Condition: Indigestion

I have GERD and hiatal hernia, and when I eat certain grains plus veggies at dinner, I wake in the night with PAINFUL gas that travels to my chest. After trying Phazyme (which is good), I decided to try a preventive treatment - Beano. It's been three days/nights with NO GAS or gas pain! I am sleeping again. Only thing is I took two Meltaways last night instead of one and it's like I've take Dulcolax or something today. Nothing wrong with going a few times, but it's definitely tied to the Beano.

rosa | 75 or over | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/16/2021
Condition: Indigestion

took as directed before meal , 1/2 hr later nausea severe vomiting, i thought i ate something bad. next time few days later took beano again only 1 pill- same terrible reaction vomiting profusely terrible. there is absolutely no information on beano side effects. until i read customer reviews i coudnt find any side effects info on beano.

Lonnie | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/23/2021

I'm a diabetic. Recently, I've started taking Beano to reduce gas while undergoing prostate cancer radiation therapy. For days, I've been nauseous in the afternoon (I take Beano with lunch). Also, my fasting blood glucose has been low. In trying to narrow down the reason for my nausea, I decided to skip Beano today and I'm not nauseous (nausea is not a known side effect of my radiation therapy). I found this site and discovered that many people DO have nausea from taking Beano and that it CAN cause hypoglycemia. No more Beano for me!Read More Read Less

Dee11 | 35-44 | Female |
10/27/2020
Condition: Indigestion

On the two times I took beans. I had a jittery feeling that lasted a couple days. I will no longer use the product.

Jack | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/29/2020
Condition: Indigestion

It make my anxiety worst. Feel like vomitting. Have a very scary feeling or panic attack.

Franko | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/8/2020
Condition: Indigestion

I had a lot of stomach gas and bloating and at night it would sometimes keep me awake. Beano did not stop me from making gas, but it allowed it to pass much more easily. I also found that I could digest my food more completely and my stomach felt more at ease. I actually have lost 13 lbs since starting Beano about 3 months ago. My stomach feels much more "normal" and I feel bit hungry instead of just eating to reduce stomach discomfort.

anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/8/2020

The worst bloating, stomach cramps and explosive diarreah an hour after using for the first time. Total discomfort and diarreah continued until late in the evening. Fine the next day. Sorry it didn't work for me.

Mr. Kin | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/28/2020

I drink protein shakes everyday, and eat chicken salad almost every day for lunch. I end up needing to have bowel movements 5 or 6 times every day and have constant gas and bloating relieved only through tooting and belching. It is awful and embarrassing and incredibly uncomfortable. I have taken beano for just 3 days, but I have had virtually no gas, only needed 2 or 3 good bowel movements each day, and I feel flat out BETTER. I love it so far. No side effects for me so far. Taking it before lunch and dinner. Read More Read Less

Zazzy | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
11/4/2019

I take Beano just before eating foods that cause me to get gassy, just as directed on the container, and not on a daily basis. It works for me every time I use it, and with no side effects. I always have some at home, as well as in my car. I’m vegan, so I do eat a lot of vegetables, and I know my body, so whenever I eat extra gassy foods, I always take a couple Beanos. It’s great for me!

Me | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/9/2019

Seemed to work 'just ok' for stomach bloating and gas. However, this product gives me a raging headache within 10 minutes of taking it. Have tried it three times just to 'test' this and each time it has happened. NO idea what's in it that would cause this, but I have to stay away from it. I use GasX instead - works well and doesn't give me a headache.

A.Griggs | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/19/2019

I had explosive diarrhea just 30 minutes after taking 2 pills. I thought it was just a coincidence, so I tried it again the next day. Same thing - explosive diarrhea! I will never take this stuff again, I'd rather be bloated.