Gentian Violet has been a miracle-worker for stubborn thrush inside my 1 month old daughter's mouth and on my nipples since I breastfeed. We were prescribed Nystatin that needed to be administered 4 times a day for 2 weeks. Not only did it make a complete mess, it didn't work. After only 2 treatments of the gentian violet, I no longer have the stabbing pain in my breasts and she doesn't cry dur...

Bart Simpson | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/10/2021

Toenail fungus. Gentian violet has been recently banned by health kanada (only country in the world that has deemed it toxic for topical use). Ordered powder from Russia & made my own 2% sol'n.

Nursey | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
11/14/2020
Condition: Skin Infection due to a Candida Yeast

Contract Nursing with the Australian Army, we used Gentian Violet for severe fungal foot infection... Worked wonderfully.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
12/29/2016

My daughter is prone to thrush. She was put on Nystatin. After a month I asked my mom's group for advice. Someone suggested Gentian Violet. Started sanitizing everything with it and within days it was gone. Good stuff! Stains, but it's much better than my daughter hurting from thrush.

ADJMOM | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/5/2015
Condition: Skin Infection due to a Candida Yeast

This was prescribed my daughter's pediatrician years ago when she was a baby. She had developed thrush and had shared it with me when breastfeeding. Nothing he prescribed. Then, he told me to get gentian violet and how to use it. Yes, she had a purple smile for a bit but it worked quickly and totally got rid of the thrush.

Sharrony | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient