Flolan saved my life. When I was diagnosed, I was a class 3-4. My oxygen at rest was 82 percent and I could not walk up a flight of stairs without passing out. My oxygen now, without O2, is 98 percent and I can do light exercise. The side effects can be bad, but I have learned to live with them. I have jaw pain when I first start to eat, diharrea, and leg pain if I stand in one place too lo...

Flolan was given to my husband in April 2008, but he was already getting close to end stage pulmonary hypertension. It seemed to help initially, but then an RN was told to administer a sleeping drug. He did so by interrupting the Flolan for about 5-6 minutes. This is unacceptable. Flolan must be given on a continuous basis. My husband may not have lived because of Flolan, but we know that he d...

Oldman49 | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
12/6/2014
Condition: Increased Pressure of Pulmonary Circulation

Father of 15 yr old girl. Diag jan 98,stared chest line in May, discharge to home with FLOLAN. Usual jaw pain,flushing,hot flashes,and on O2. Monitored pt levels daily. July seemed good,,color better,trouble with water retention in upper torso. Cardiac arrest on July 4th. Never lasted for s heart lung transplant which was the goal back then.

vikingscool | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
1/24/2011
Condition: Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension

This is best life-saving drug to Pulmonary Hypertension. I using Flolan since February 2001. I had jaw pain when I started eating, then it goes away when I continue eating. Rarely, I have been flushing or hot flashes up to 5 times per year. Yet, Flolan is very worth life-saver drug.

dcbeauty25 | 7-12 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Caregiver
12/1/2010
Condition: Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension

My daughter was diagnosed at age 5 with PH. We started out with just oral medication that was giving us no improvement, we moved to remodulion sub q pump and she couldn't do that either so we switched to Flolan and now 5 years later we finally received our 1st good report from Echo Test and Clinical Test. I am looking forward to the new Flolan that does not require to be on ice.

TDK | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
5/28/2010
Condition: Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension

I am currently caring for my mother who was diagnosed with PAH and RH failure 18mths ago. This is our last hope and so far it seems to be working the worst part is being responsible for the administration of the Flolan and ensuring there are no air bubbles. Family support is essential to get a family through this type of commitment.

lady in kc | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/14/2010
Condition: Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension

I AM A WIFE OF 35 YRS, MOTHER OF 2 . LIVING A NORMAL LIFE, WHEN I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH STAGE 4 PPH. WAS PUT ON FLOLAN AND RIGHT AWAY NOTICED A DIFFRERANCE.. AND AFTER HEARING DIFFERANT COMMENTS FROM PEOPLE THE ONE FACTOR THAT I HAVENT HEARD FROM HERE IS FAMILY SUPPORT.. IF YOU DONT HAVE THE SUPPRT FROM LOVED ONES I CANT IMAGINE GETTING THROUGH IT ALONE. I NEVER EVEN KNEW WHAT A NG/KG/MIN WAS UNTILL FLOLAN. AND ALTHOUGH I AM ON 4 LETTERS O2 AND USE A SCOOTER ON OUTINGS I HAVE TO SAY I KNOW WHAT IS MEANT BY NEVER TAKING THINGS FOR GRANTED.. WHO THINKS OF HOW HARD IT IS 2 BREATH / UNTILL YOU "CANT" AGAIN THANKYOU DRs. THANKYOU FLOLAN, AND A EXTREEM THANKS TO (MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS)