Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Norplant System implant.

11/9/2017 9:04:35 AM

Reviewer: Jane, 25-34 on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

6/1/2016 2:31:50 PM

Reviewer: Jen, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I have had no noticeable side affects, other than the bleeding. I had no period for about 6 or so months then bled every day for about 4 months. I saw my doctor and now take a low dose birth control orally every day. It has regulated my periods. It seems kind of stupid having both, but I don't want kids, so I don't mind. I have not experienced any hair growth or loss, any abnormal wei ... Show Full Comment

9/16/2015 4:14:17 PM

Reviewer: April, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I had the implant for the full 5 years (1994-1999). I was an easy procedure to have it removed when it was time. I did experience irregular cycles and lots of spotting, but otherwise I had no ill side effects and two tiny scars about 1/4" on the inside of my arm. I would do it again except for the irregular periods.

8/14/2013 9:55:39 AM

Reviewer: TE, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
    I had no side effects only about 5lbs in weight gain. I had 3 separate Norplants over the course of 5 years. I think this is the best BC and I am sad that it isn't available for my daughters.

8/12/2013 2:06:13 PM

Reviewer: toni, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    When I got this in spring 1995, I was told I would possibly not have my periods and would gain a little weight, 5-10lbs. I did not have a period for nearly 4 years, which I thought was wonderful. However, I was guaranteed not to get pregnant as I had absolutely NO sex drive what so ever. I also gained about 75lbs while on this drug, which, from what I was told by the doctor who removed it in 20 ... Show Full Comment

bald woman smelling flowers
    Complementary therapies to ease symptoms.
    diabetes highlighted
    4 early warning signs.
    Senior woman using diabetes test kit
    Each one takes 10 minutes or less.
    woman having a good day