Before Niaspan: T-Chol 328, Trig 304, LDL 222, HDL 46. After Niaspan: T-Chol 181, Trig 150, LDL 100, HDL 52. I've taken 3000 mg Niaspan daily, at bedtime, for over 3 years now. This is the highest therapeutic dose recommended. Side effects include flushing and itching, and occational tightening of tendens behind knees. Niaspan should only be taken at bed time as the liver produces chole...

using for high cholesterol

Sjkkot | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/1/2019
Condition: High Cholesterol

This medicine caused my skin to become all blotchy and my doctor said that was a possible side effect. I now have what looks like age spots all over my legs

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/3/2016
Condition: Low HDL Cholesterol

I took Niaspan for one month and was ok. The second month, I started to feel a burning on my legs, then my legs and arms and one night I thought I was going to spontaneous combust. I was told to stop the drug immediately as I must be allergic to it.

VentureMan | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
1/27/2015
Condition: Combined High Blood Cholesterol and Triglyceride Level

Been taking 3000 mg Niaspan for 9 years which keep levels out of red zone. Added Welchol two years ago, and Chol levels in normal range now... HDL above 80. T-Chol/HDL are below 3.5 for two years now.

K | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
9/13/2014
Condition: Combined High Blood Cholesterol and Triglyceride Level

Have been taking 1000 mg for years. No apparent side effects. Great results in blood work. Dr satisfied with results. Now I am concerned with most recent studies though.

Me | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/1/2014
Condition: Combined High Blood Cholesterol and Triglyceride Level

It cause me to have red man when I took Niaspan 500mg.