I have used Proscar for 15 years now. It has been quite effective in initially lowering and then keeping PSA levels less than 3. It has mostly eliminated day and night frequency of urination. Other factors such as diuretics sometines interfere with this action.

This drug should be Band from Market. Side effects,E D,low or no sex drive. Burning while urinating,fequent trips to bathroom all day and night. No warnings from my Dr. about these side effects took it 4 months and it was 4 months of hell. Quit 18 days ago and 90% of side effects gone...........PS-Class acton suit(google it)

Keith | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/16/2021
Condition: Enlarged Prostate with Urination Problems

I'm sure this helps some folks, but I put off taking it for years - in fear of the side effects I'd read about. I just used flomax. Finally, about a month ago, my flow had decreased to the point it was scaring me, so I tried 1 pill per day at my urologist's urging. For the first 4-5 days I had no problems. Then I had 3 days of misery as I tried 3 more days of 1 pill per day! The entire area between my legs was quite tender (I couldn't even sit without serious discomfort), my urination flow was reduced even more (and would take several seconds even to begin) and it now included a mild burning feeling, and I now had almost constant urges to urinate (making life and sleep very tough). On top of all of this, constipation! I stopped after 9th dose. It took about 10 days for things to gradually return to how they were prior to trying proscar.

JR | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/29/2020
Condition: Enlarged Prostate with Urination Problems

Have taken .4 mg for many years and in conjunction with .4 mg Flomax ....still urinating 4 times per night after all these years. Has also noticed a drop off in sex performance

johnny | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/4/2018
Condition: Enlarged Prostate with Urination Problems

I have used this product for about 5 weeks and it is definitely the best product I found for enlarged prostate problems. However, after using it for a few weeks I have developed a bleeding hemorroid. Have never had one before and I am 71 yo. Coincidence? Not sure.

Alaska Mike | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/7/2017
Condition: Enlarged Prostate with Urination Problems

Was in hospital with hemorraging from prostate into bladder. No cancer. Facing surgery but was given Proscar and Flomax as last thing to try. One week later bleeding stopped. Symptoms BPH eased. Then after 2 months odd sensations, pain in joints, no erections, so I decided to stop Proscar. I am grateful to Proscar for helping me through crisis w/o surgery, but now 15 months after crisis I use supplements, diet

Juan | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/8/2017
Condition: Enlarged Prostate with Urination Problems

After 2 months my semen was non-existent and sex drive greatly decreased. Embarrassing breast enlargement made me to decide to stop taking it and just use Flomax.