I have been on this med for 4 plus years and will soon be changing to Femara....I have lost 30 pounds by changing my eating habits and reducing stress in my life...Minor hot flashes on occasion, with no prob because I already handled that when I went thru menopause. As I change meds and check this site, I find NEGATIVE remarks prevail and I wanted to assure someone to trust the med and stay positi...

Hate Tamoxifen with a passion - severe side effects - hot flashes, mood swings, weight gain, cramps, memory loss, forgetfulness, loss of motivation. How come it prevents breast cancer when it is possible to cause three other types of cancer???? Shouldn't it prevent ALL cancers???? If I am on it to stop estrogen dominance, why can't I use natural progesterone cream instead which would do the same...

Anonymous |
4/25/2021

Robin | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/24/2021
Condition: Hormone Receptor Positive Breast Cancer

Breast Cancer survivor I get very sensitive talking about it. I’m here to help someone. Keep God 1st and foremost. I’m on Tamoxifen for about 4 months now and I have Hot flashes like crazy and slight mood swings but I would take the medication early in the am and be hot and cold throughout the day. My Doctor told me to take the medication in the evening and I’ve notice a huge difference. I hardly have hot flashes like before. So if anyone is suffering from Hot flashes try taking it around 5 or 6 pm. It works for me hopefully I can work for you. Because I hate being ??

Sylvie | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/24/2021
Condition: Hormone Receptor Positive Breast Cancer

I was diagnosed with stage 0 breast cancer and I had just 3 weeks of Radiation no chemo. So now I’m taking Tamoxifen and I’m just experiencing Hot Flashes and I’m very sensitive to everything meaning I cry about everything now. So, my doctor calls to check up on me to see how I’m doing and she asks if I’m having any new side effects. My question was should I be worried about anything else? No but this meditation may cause ovarian cancer! What? Goes to my Obgyn and I was good. But Cancer is a money making business and let’s all be mindful and do your research. I’m 44 yrs old, I still have a period. I was told that Tamoxifen is suppose to stop it or stop my hormones I don’t know. I pray that God will cover us all in Jesus name amen!

Sharon | 45-54 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
5/21/2020
Condition: Breast Cancer

After lumpectomy and radiation put on tamoxifen hate this little tablet. I hope the cancer doesn't return after all the drama this pill causes. Hot flushes from hell day and hurendous through the night, very little sleep, weight gain with no way of losing it even when training every day and healthy eating in place.

7XS6ge | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/5/2020
Condition: Breast Cancer

Had lumpectomy January of 2019. 20 days radiation treatment. Cancer did not spread. Put on Tamoxifen. Lost quite a bit of hair up front. Developed awful hot flashes which occurred in the day and night. My hair would get wet from sweat pouring off my head. Legs began to swell, had bouts of nausea at the most inopportune times, not to mention muscle pains everywhere. Fainted in grocery store and that was it! My quality of life had gone down the tubes. I quit taking it on my own this year February 12. It's now March 5, still getting hot flashes, still have pain. Oncologist said take Vitamin E and that may help. Not! Anyway, saw oncologist two days ago. Said I'm off these pills, she suggested other kind, I said no way, I'll take my chances.