You do it because you are told it is good for you. All your joints ache, can't sleep, diarrhea, constipation, no memory, hot flashes, weight gain and not able to lose it. Can't get an insurance policy because you have to still take a medication as treatment, even though the medicine is supposedly preventing a recurrance. I quit and feel so much better. I'm living for quality not quantity now. ...

as a woman w/ "MMMMT"( carcinosarcoma),(uterine cancer),i don't recommend any hormonal therapy,or hornone therapy- like drugs.i believe after 5 yrs.of tamoxifen & 4 yrs.of Evista(hormone therapy)it has sentenced to me a cancer that only 2-5% of all women get,with a very low expectancy.

Anonymous |
4/25/2021

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
8/12/2020
Condition: Breast Cancer that has Spread to Another Part of the Body

I have been on arimidex for 8 yeas. Things have gone very well for me till lately. I never got over hot flashes so that never bothered me. My feet and ankles have started swelling, I have gained a lot of weight. My PCP keeps telling me to loose weight. Impossible to do. My bone densiety tests have been OK.

Roseanne | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/17/2020
Condition: Breast Cancer

Here goes! 30 yrs ago at 40 Ihad a lumpectomy R breast with 36 radiation treatments. took tamoxifen for 1 yr. develooped uterine cancer. had total abdominal hysterectomy. 2008 had lumpectomy on left breast no further tx. 2013 lumpectomy Left breast no further tx needed. 2019 cancer came back both breast different cancers insitu left breast and right breast and also stage 11 right breast. I had a bilateral mastectomy in Oct. 2019. I was started on Arimidex (did not want to take this drug) took it for 6 months just stopped. severe joint pain, wt gain, depressed, moody, hot flashes to name a few side effects. I am a registered nurse, I still work, I exercise daily and feel so much better since I stopped this drug. anyone have any advice. My onocologist says there are no side effects from this drug. I really seriously doubt I am making this up. Good Luck to all of us surviors.

Roseanne | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient