The only reason I gave this med a low ease of use score is the slow dosage build up. It takes a long time to reach the theraputic dose. I did so well on this med -- no side effects and felt so normal. After about 6 great months, I started thinking that I was just so ok ... and that the bi-polar stuff was all in my mind and a missdiagnosis by the doctor. I quite taking it ... was great for a ...

Xfirst day taking meds will see how it make you feel everyday keep you posted

Linda Cannon | 65-74 | Female | Patient
7/13/2021
Condition: Bipolar Depression

I was gaven this cause of BiPolar?! I never had! I had a sensitivity to meds and I got Dystonia. The constant twitching of my head which soon lead to painful muscle spasms in my neck. I was taken off the med and started on another. I’m still having Botox injections.

Kathryn | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/26/2021
Condition: Simple Partial Seizures

At the age of 35 developed epilepsy (no known cause) I am now 42 years old still dealing with simple partial seizures (don't enjoy those auras). I have had an MRI, EEG, EKG and an EMU study at the hospital. I have been taking Lamotrigine 50mg twice daily, but in June had to go to the hospital due to a aura seizure. Hospital found my levels to be 2.0 range should be 3.0 to 15. I was increased to 100mg twice a day. I have never had any major side effects with this drug. Problem is trying to find the correct dose to take, since auras started coming back.

Anonymous | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/2/2021

Absolutely hated this medication. I am allergic to certain anti depressants and ran out of things to try for my severe depression. A med manager prescribed this medication. It made me feel absolutely awful. I had no energy and it made my appetite nonexistent (I was never hungry and went 3 days with only eating a banana). Then started the allergic reaction: severe fever, flu-like symptoms, but the real sign it was an allergic reaction was the rash. My face, arms, back, and chest looked like I'd been sunburnt. My skin was hot to the touch and blotchy. I had to get a steroid shot to make the rash go away and even after two weeks it's still not completely gone. DO NOT take this medication for normal depression! And if you've been known to have allergic reactions to other mental health medications, this is probably not the right medicine for you.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/15/2021
Condition: Bipolar Depression
Anonymous | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/7/2021
Condition: Manic-Depression

I am taking this med for mood swings. I don't feel as much mania, but the downs are still as bad as they always were. I also feels like it is sapping my motivation/energy levels. I'll be switching next time I see my doc.