I've had RLS since my teenage years. Over the years it has gradually gotten worse. I now get RLS any time of the day. Sometimes it even affects my arms along with the legs. I started with 2mg of Requip per day but have since increased the dosage. I now take 8mg per day generally starting with 1mg at 1:30 to 2 p.m. and continuing to bedtime. Requip will initially cause RLS before relaxing the...

I've been taking 1 mg for about two yrs now...and it doesn't seem to work as good...I now feel tired all the time can't sleep...and my joints hurt and are stiff all the time...have had a cough for months...eyes are dry and nose stuffed...don't know if it's all related to the meds or what...but I didn't feel this crappy before...going to start new meds soon...hopefully they will work...other wise I...

KK | 35-44 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
12/8/2020
Condition: Extreme Discomfort in Calves when Sitting or Lying Down

I will not go out unless I have one of these with me because there is no telling when or where my RLS will hit...driving, sitting, work...I take a half pill when I am out and about so it doesn't knock me out. I take one an hour before bedtime so I am not lying in bed squirming in misery before it takes affect. There are no side affects other than drowsiness, and I get up well rested in the morning. This has been a GOD-send for my RLS. The only treatment that has ever worked for it. If you haven't guessed yet, my RLS is severe and affects parts other than the legs...usually my back, shoulders, and arms as well. If you have RLS, this is highly effective for knocking out RLS symptoms.

Tddy | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/9/2017
Condition: Extreme Discomfort in Calves when Sitting or Lying Down

I have had RLS since a car crash broke my back. Topamax had stopped working for RLS and my doctor gave me Requip. I noticed that my sinus would shut down after taking. I ignored this side effect until the nausea and I was very dizzy. I ended up at the ER with rapid heartbeat, I couldn't move my arms or legs and I had terrible muscle tremors everywhere. I was dehydrated and my kidney was not working correctly. This medicine made my RLS worse and almost killed me. Beware!

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
4/29/2017
Condition: Extreme Discomfort in Calves when Sitting or Lying Down

I've had RLS since my twenties before I knew it had a name. Until about six years ago, it was an intermittent condition. Now, I experience RLS daily, mostly in the evening. I take 0.5 mg before supper so it will take effect before sitting down for the evening, then another 0.5 mg at bedtime. Side effects I experience: chest tension and sleepiness.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/27/2016
Condition: Extreme Discomfort in Calves when Sitting or Lying Down

Since I began taking I no longer have the extreme leg and ankle cramps.

lisa | 45-54 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
3/31/2016
Condition: Extreme Discomfort in Calves when Sitting or Lying Down

Prior to discovering Requip, I almost dreaded going to bed as I knew it was just going to be another painful, restless night. Once a Dr.put me on Requip, my nights changed dramatically! The cramping stopped, the ungodly restlessness stopped and my once illusive sleep returned.