I've had chronic diarrhea for over a year and 2 GI doctors couldn't fix it. Went to try one more and he said try this. Worked wonders. As a matter of fact it worked to well. Had to back off and only take it every third day. But it's been a great feeling not to be afraid to go somewhere unfamiliar (not knowing where the bathroom is).

I have only just picked up my prescription for this drug so I'm not sure how it will work but hoping for the best after having severe IBS for 11 years. After that many years of dreading the trip to the bathroom I'm hoping it will work! Just wondering what time of day is best to take it? I'm on no other meds other than the contraception pill that I take at night.

BrandonORG | 35-44 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
3/22/2021
Condition: chronic diarrhea due to bile acid malabsorption

I had my gallbladder removed in 2014, it was very difficult for me since anything I ate I had to use the restroom 20 minutes later. One thing is donâ??t use anti-diarrhea medication with this. It will cause sleeping issues. Other than side effects it helped a lot, make sure you find out the perfect dosage and not to over do it.

Rose One | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/20/2020
Condition: Chronic Diarrhea

I've been fighting with chronic diarrhea for 30 years and it got worse after I had my gall bladder removed. Nothing else was working, including prescription medications, so I was pretty much housebound at this point. I knew that cholestyramine did work for me before, when I was prescribed it once before for high cholesterol. So I asked my current doctor to let me try it for diarrhea. I can now go places again, but I do have a couple of side effects. I do have a lot of smelly gas. I can't take the full prescribed dose either.(Could that be a good side effect?) I take only half a packet once a day and usually skip it altogether one day a week. I don't get constipated this way. I am diabetic, but can't use NutraSweet so I get the packets sweetened with sucrose and make sure I count that as most of my daily sugar allowance.(I am not on insulin, just medication.) In any case, I am now free to go places again, and the painful cramps I also had to deal with, are now getting fewer and farther between, and less painful. I am worried about the possibility of weight gain though, that I read about in some of the other reviews. I can't walk much, so I don't lose weight easily. All in all, cholestyramine might be the answer for me.

Jean 0 | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/23/2019
Condition: Chronic Diarrhea

After Colin cancer in 2008 I lost my gall bladder 2 years later ,no have rarely gone more than a few days without diarrhea, it just ran from me no control at all. Hated going anywhere with out a lot of Imodium. Took a young practitioner, who works with my gastrointestinal dr to make this suggestion, it�s a lifesaver only restriction for me is take it at least 4 hours after any other meds or 4 hours before . I do this works like a charm .

Anonymous | 75 or over | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
9/30/2018
Condition: Chronic Diarrhea

Have used for the last two years, one 4oz package a day after breakfast. Recently it has suddenly become less effective towards the end of the day. Combining this drug with one generic imodium 2-mg anti-diarrheal tab, I find, restores efficacy for the entire 24 hour period.

Dubsy | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/7/2018
Condition: Chronic Diarrhea

I had my gall bladder removed several years ago and then suffered from chronic diareahe. This medicine works brilliantly and I take it religiously ,only downside is I have put on a considerable amount of weight