I was prescribed Nasonex for chronic nasal congestion and it worked, really well. I had been on it for about 10 years (2x daily) when I started having digestive problems, severe heartburn and stomach pains. For over a year I went to many specialists and no one could figure out the cause, especially since I had never experienced these symptoms before. Finally, I went to a naturopath who suggeste...

My prescription plan refused to give me flonase and subsituted nasonex. I looked at box and it was manufactured in Singapore China and I am sorry but I am afraid to inhale anything that is made in China.

Anonymous | 19-24 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/22/2020
Condition: Inflammation of the Nose due to an Allergy

I have been using nasonex for two weeks, and it has cleared my nose minimally. I still have pressure in my head, just less blockage specifically in my nose. I would NOT RECOMMEND this product as it has given me feelings of anxiousness, and I have been unable to sleep for almost a week. At first, I thought my lifestyle was causing my anxiety and insomnia, but I am now realizing that it has ONLY started with usage of this drug. A horrible experience. Obviously Nasonex has not sufficiently monitored for side effects even though it has been on the market for years. I have never had issues with anxiety, and I cannot relay how devastating it is on my general health. I would much prefer a stuffy nose!

Kathleenz | 55-64 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
10/1/2019
Condition: Inflammation of the Nose due to an Allergy

I had been on Nasonex for years for both my allergies and my asthma. But I did have pain when swallowing, dry mouth, nose pain, nausea, coughing headaches, a severe post nasal drip, etc. but this past year the coughing and nausea got so bad I started vomiting which sometimes triggered asthma attacks or caused me to throw up all my nighttime or morning medications I had just taken! I talked to one of my doctors who suggested switching to Azelastine HCL nasal spray instead. He said the post nasal drip was most likely causing several of the symptoms, like coughing, nausea, It doesnâ??t have steroids. I saw my PCP and switched on 8/1/19 starting with 2 sprays in each nostril once daily. I started noticing a difference with a couple weeks. I was coughing less and less nauseous etc. I went back and had it increased to 2 sprays in each nostril 2x daily on 8/19/19. Within another 2 weeks I felt so much better. Most of my symptoms have disappeared. I still have some dry mouth. But I am on other meds too. The Nasonex made me jumpy and the steroids arenâ??t good for you on a long term basis. Iâ??m so happy my doctor discontinued it and put me on Azelastine!

miniwen | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/21/2019
Condition: Allergic Rhinitis Prevention

My doctor prescribed this as an off brand Flonase. I donâ??t understand why it doesnâ??t cover the same symptoms the side effects were worse. I use this medicine for one month had severe indigestion left side pains stomach aches headaches and the worst of all it states itâ??s an asthma preventive in the middle of the night it would give me severe nightmares which would wake me up with anxiety attacks and asthma attacks nightly.I Have never had them before In the middle of the night or to this extent. I have stopped using this med. itâ??s been two weeks hopefully the side effects go away soon!!!!!

Erica Llyn | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/21/2019
Condition: Inflammation of the Nose due to an Allergy

At my last visit to the allergist I requested something to use that I could pay with FSA funds. Flonase gave me nosebleeds but Nasacort (OTC) was working well. I waited until I was running low on Nasacort before filling this script to use. I didn't read the prescription - it was a long generic name - but I wish I had...because I would have looked before I leaped. In 5 days time my GI track has been very sluggish and bloated, not a normal problem for me. I was bloated, not hungry (still not hungry) and nauseated. Ok, fine, whatever. I had a problem like that about a year ago. Easy fix. I'd gotten an ear infection the week prior so figured the earache was due to that resurfacing - didn't think of nasal spray. Then, yesterday, I had a brief dizzy spell (I've got an excuse for that one) ... still nothing connecting. Today I've had 3 "brief" dizzy spells and started considering ENT or Neuro. I look up all of my medications eventually. I did look this one up last night - dizziness itself isn't a listed side effect ... but everything else was ... so I searched dizziness specifically - and here I am, with everyone else, having dizzy spells, nauseated, bloated, earache from maybe the infection maybe not... This was the only recent change in anything I'm ingesting. Saving the extra 3-4 dollars a month is NOT worth it.

AE | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/18/2019
Condition: Allergic Rhinitis Prevention

I have been using this spray for 2 weeks (I used Avamys before this which was causing me headaches as well and started Nasonex as it will be better) and started to have headaches and chest pain that was reflected on my left arm sometimes at the back. I stopped it once I read the reviews and I feel much better now but every now and then small pains coming back on both my headache and chest but not as much as before. Does anyone know when will the side effect start disappearing completely? Never experience this before.