This drug has saved my sanity. I have been on and off Effexor 3 or 4 times. If you do not go off of this drug slowly it can cause terrible side effects. If taken as the doctor prescribes, it is great.

I started out with 37.5 mg as recommeded by my Doctor for a week. Then upped the dosage to 75mg as directed. After I would say 6 months I wanted to cut back down to the 37.5 dossage. I went off the charts. I went back to the 75mg, and since now I am at 150mg. I hope that someday I will not have to take this anymore, but at this time it seems unlikely.

Marie | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/9/2021
Condition: Depression

I started with 37.5 mg and eventually worked up to 150mg BID. I initially was given Valium and it did nothing. I ended up in a stress center. It was night and day, like a huge weight was lifted off my soldiers. I hadn't realized how much effort it took for me to manage each day. I took it for close to 15 years, but when I had to find a new new doctor she insisted I get off Effexor due to hypertension. It was the worst thing I ever did. I was given Welbutrine, Trintellix, even Lithium at one point. None of them worked. Eventually found a new psychiatrist who listened to me and put me back on Effexor. I've been back on it for about 2 years. It was the 2nd best decision I made behind my first decision to try Effexor almost 20 years ago. I'll never take anything else.

Anonymous |
5/8/2021

Alexandra | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/19/2021
Condition: Depression

Good for depression but you better not forget to take it! I forgot it at home when I went on a weekend getaway and I felt like I was gin a faint all weekend, could barely keep my head up because it felt so heavy and I couldn't hold anything without dropping it. My heartbeat was through the roof and it felt like my eyes weren't following my head's movements and I couldn't see anything at times. Crazy side effects when you forget it!

Anonymous |
4/18/2021

jenibxo | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/27/2021
Condition: Panic Disorder

Firstly it put me in the ER WITH a heart rate of 220bpm. two meds to slow it down. Good luck if you want to get off effexor I doubt it. It was complete hell for me the brain zaps dizziness, very very dark thoughts vomitting, angry aggressive, very sick. Thank God I got off of it. Guess what I wasn't the same for 1 year. Brain zap, anxiety severe panic and I did go onto another anti depressent after I did a wash out of effexor. I wouldn't wish this drug on my worst enemy.