I had a lot of stomach pain and heartburn. My stomach hurt most of the time. Started taking famotidine as proscribed by my doctor. Also had IBS symptoms. This medicine has done wonders for my stomach and IBS. Very pleased with the results.

This medication has been very effective for indigestion and heartburn. However, it was prescribed for hives/itching which I have had for 5 months. The hives have been much worse since taking this medicine. The doctor prescribed 40 mg twice a day, and I noticed my hives/itching got worse. so it has been good for my stomach, bad for my allergies and hives. I think it has reduced the acid so much,...

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
12/24/2020
Condition: Inflammation of Esophagus from Backflow of Stomach Acid

It is better than nothing.

GobbleGobble | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
12/11/2020
Condition: Heartburn

I used to take Zantac. Of course. That was a great drug, actually. Really effective. But unfortunately as you all know it was shown to be cancer causing (possibly). But it worked well. So now I use Famotidine. Everything about this drug is supposed to be better, 20 times stronger etc. But I don't know if it's working too well. With Ranitidine (Zantac), it was immediate, and I felt very relieved, totally relaxed, and felt great with it, even. With Famotidine, I am not sure if it's actually doing anything other than cut off the acid. I don't feel the acid, sure, but I don't have the overall better feeling as I did with Ranitidine. I know that sounds strange, but you know you just get that overall feeling of well being with certain things, and that's what I don't get with Famotidine.

Vatche | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/28/2020
Condition: Excessive Production of Stomach Acid

First time in my life I needed this medication Works like magic. Within 30 minutes all gas and pressure disappears. usually once a day is enough.

dee dee | 55-64 | Female | Patient
7/6/2018
Condition: Excessive Production of Stomach Acid

I've been taking this medication for 3 days now for my Gurd. I was taking pantopazole and it also works well but my doctor wanted me to ween off of it because of side effects. First thing I noticed is the diarrhea !! I sure hope it goes away soon or I will have to look for another drug !! :(

Anonymous | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/21/2018
Condition: Treatment to Prevent Heartburn

I have suffered from heartburn for my whole life. Tried everything, tums, rolaids, etc. My son in law told me about famotidine. I have honestly never suffered from heartburn again. Highly recommended.