I have only been on this medication for three days but have NEVER been able to take NSAIDS because of chronic gastritis. This medicine has relieved my pain in my knees and my neck and has not upset my stomach at all so far. Hope it continues to work this well.

I've been on NSAIDS for 38 years, have had bleeding ulcers off and on with them all. Have taken stomach meds to offset the NSAIDs with success. Went on Arthrotec for 2 weeks, has really helped the overall joint and back pain however the bloating, lower abdominal cramps, loose stools and pain in the kidney region are becomeing intolerable. Going back to my MD to see what we can try next. I can't s...

Stefany | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/7/2018

I've asked for this medication because I sprained my knee in 2 places, while I also have arthritis. I know I am taking WELL OVER the limit of Advil, a dangerous limit, so I thought this could be better. It isn't a cure all. I tend to still take an Advil at night, especially because I also have restless legs... but I can take one of these instead of 6 Advil, and don't have any side effects yet. I appreciate this alternative.

Marc | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
1/12/2016
Condition: Osteoarthritis and High Risk of Developing Gastric Ulcers

Have been on this drug for 17 years,the first 15yrs it was a 75 mg. dose it is no longer available, last 2 yrs 50 mg . Arthritic pain was so bad before I started taking it is was unable to walk most days.this drug has been a life changer for me and no side effects

Ann | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/5/2016
Condition: Osteoarthritis and High Risk of Developing Gastric Ulcers

Was waiting for hip replacements and Dr. prescribed Aethrotec 50 to help in interim. Nothing else touched the pain, this has been a miracle for me. I've scrapped the idea of surgery and am living again. A little hard on the stomach and bowels, but worth it!

Larry | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
10/2/2015
Condition: Osteoarthritis and High Risk of Developing Gastric Ulcers

Been taking this for 22 yrs. Had heart attack in June 15, they immediately stopped this med saying it could have caused my HA. Stayed off for 17 days, in that 17 days I needed pain meds to offset the absence of this med. Took 65 Vicadins in that 17 days and still was in terrible pain, could not walk, stand up unassisted not to mention a normal life. Was told over and over this med would kill me. So be it because without it I had no life at all. There is no substitute for it I went back on at 1/2 dose and now I got a life again. Whats worth living to 90 if your a zombie zoned out on pain meds. I have a full life , travel, do anything I want, sex, drive, walk have fun. They always don't have the right answer and a blanket answer to arthritic meds is not right either. Everything in moderation even medication. Not a pain pill in 3 months and only one arthrutec a day. Balance the risk. Oh yeah one doctor gave me a scrip for 100 vicodens with 5 refills, talk about zombies !

viv | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
3/29/2015
Condition: Rheumatoid Arthritis and High Risk of Developing Gastric Ulcers

have been out of pain with this drug, first time for years, need a replacement knee eventually but would prefer to keep my original one while this drug is so effective and I can do walking for miles which I could never do before, have no side effects whatsoever, been on it for 6-8 months long may it continue