I developed Autoimmune Hepatitis, a sometimes FATAL disease, from taking this drug for only one year! Consumer/doctors BEWARE!

Lee-Anne Gerard | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/28/2021
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

No one should be taking this drug. I was prescribed this for kidney infection when I have chronic kidney disease on 22/4/21 I will be alerting doctor who prescribed this that they nearly killed me. Was prescribed dosage of 100 mg 4 times a day, for 7 days. Took it till 27/4/21. Made me feel like I was dying with extreme chills and fever, excruciating back pain, whole body aching, diarrhoea, abdominal aching, gave me asthma and filled my chest with fluid, was very weepy, extreme anxiety, difficulty walking - felt like walking through cement, dizzyness, retained fluid and dropped my kidney function significantly. Was too sick to realise it was the tablets until last day, stopped them and went to another doctor 28/4/21, who wanted me to go to hospital to go on IV etc. Stopped taking the tablets, started a different antibiotic yesterday 28/4/21 and have started to feel better already.

Marinda | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/16/2017
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

I wish i could turn back time and never take this drug. I was prescribed a small dose daily to stop reacurring uti's. Within a day my hands tingled and the Pharmacist who needed further education advised this was a normal side effect and not to worry about it. 3 months later, when renewing my prescription another Pharmacist asked me if my hands were tingly, he was horrified i had been prescribed this drug and told me it causes nerve damage. I immediately stoppred the drug, but the damage was done. A Nurologist confirmed the nerve damage. The drug stopped my uti's, but i strongly recommend people avoid it due to the side effects. I can hardly use my left hand anymore.

Pamelasclevenger54yahoo.com | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/15/2016
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

I was given this drug when I was 34 wks pregnant, one full day, 2 days later I had a stillborn, he died while I was on this medicine. No ONE TOLD ME NOT TO TAKE IT.

Daughter | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Caregiver
11/2/2014
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

My Mom has been taking this since she has had a bladder pacemaker device to prevent infection for almost 2 years. Over the last couple of years she has gradually been losing her breath ( indigestion also) She is 83, average weight, walks 2-3 miles daily and is in good mental and physical shape. She worried about her breath and thought it was a tumor, cancer, etc She is a R.N. and sought help from numerous doctors. FINALLY after waiting 3 months for a specialist, he told her it was the Meds/MACRODANTIN….and STOP ASAP! She went to see an old friend out of town last week on her death bed only to find out the reason she is dying is due to MACRODANTIN. This has been devastating to her and to our family! PLEASE STOP if you are taking. Is there a class action law suit??? If not, we should group one here!!

Joy | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
8/25/2014
Condition: Urinary Tract Infection Prevention

Suffered constant recurrent UTI's from age 18 to 25. Became resistant to over 10 antibiotics. Given Macrodantin as preventative at time of intercourse, one pill right after and 1 pill 12 hours later. No side effects with the brand, no UTI's for the last 30 years. However, do have nausea with the generic. It has worked well for me.