I was on Premarin for several years and my doctor switched me to Estradiol (generic for Estrace) 1.5 mg and I have never felt this good. No more hot flashes, sad moods, headaches, etc. This switch was the best thing that ever happened for me! I know that everyone reacts differently to medication but I would highly recommend Estradiol if you are experiencing issues with your current medication!

Was on Premarin and when the copay went up I switched to the 1mg Estradiol. Worst mistake of my life! Hot flashes, severe headaches, weight gain and sleeplessness. Extreme yeast infections. Iâ??ll suffer with the hot flashes.

Maria Thompson | 55-64 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/31/2021
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

I just started taking this pill which I love so far I’m waiting for it to fully work . I tried the vagina creamed hated it I already had the dryness and my skin is sensitive and just made me itch all the time . I suffer mood swings , headaches and sweats . I am a recovered colon cancer survivor so I was a little skeptical on taking this but dam I have been going thru menopause since I was 42 now 55 . I wish I would have been on this years ago . Thank you lord .

Cheril | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
6/5/2021

I was 22 when I had a full hysterectomy due to cancer taking over. After 5 years went by I noticed hot flashes were so overwhelming I would wake up drenched in sweat like I wet the bed my husband was so kind about it and changed them with me without hesitation. And would get me new clothes. I would sleep with towels under the sheets as well as between my legs just to calm the night sweats down. The mood swings and depression hit really hard for me... Being 27 years old was not fun at all with no hormones so I did something about it. I tried creams, lotions, patches... name it I tried it and then I tried estradiol and I have not looked back. I'm 36 now and there's been a few times were my insurance has lapsed and I couldn't get in to see the Dr so I went a month with out it and it was the worst mistake of my life! It stays in your system but when its out it takes forever to readjust again. I will never go with out again.... Its the first script I fill every month to make sure I have it. I take 2mg every morning and I'm right as rain. I do have vaginal dryness that's the only complain I have but its not all the time and just takes a little longer to get the juices flowing or a little help every now and again but its nothing major. I was 22 when I had a hysterectomy so I've grown accustomed to this life. Hope this helpsRead More Read Less

Sable | 25-34 | Transgender | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/3/2021

Kind of wild that this article doesn't discuss estradiol's use by transgender women.

Desertgreen10 | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/8/2021
Condition: Low Estrogen After Operation to Remove Ovaries

Like a few others have reported, it triggered my psoriasis and the itching was intense. I also began to have tingling and numbness in my hands and feet after 2 months of continuous use. No one thought this may be the culprit so I was sent off to a neurologist. After 6 months of tingling and numbness it turned to severe pain in my hips. I went from a gym bunny to unable to get out of bed to let the dog out. I couldnâ??t even sit upright in a chair. After a year, my rheumatologist thought this could possibly be the problem. Symptoms came on fairly quickly after starting this, and lo and behold, after 3 weeks off this I was almost pain free. If you have psoriasis or any other disease that sends your immune system into overdrive, you may want to rethink this medication. At the least, you need to know every single side effect known. Hot flashes are only a minor inconvenience and nuisance compared to the chronic pain of psoriatic arthritis. I feared the pain would never go away, but luckily it did. Read More Read Less

finallyhappy | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/26/2020
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

I have tried estrogen patches, Evamist Spray, Femring, and none of them worked for me. And then, I tried the Estradiol 1mg pill and I noticed a difference after 6 hours! It was amazing. But 12 hours into it, I started to get my headache back, and the dr. told me to take the 1mg twice a day every 12 hours to keep a steady stream in my system. It worked like a charm! Anxiety, hot flashes, memory problems, aches and pains, depression were all gone! And this generic pill is so inexpensive!

Ljane117 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
7/25/2020
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

I suffered from sever hot flashes and moodiness, started on the 2 mg estradiol pills and OMG I could live again. I recently went off, and after 4 weeks I’m back on...can’t live without this during menopause! Love love love!

Cme | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/18/2020
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

Extreme hot flashes and night sweats. Have been on this medication for about five months. Works great for the hot flashes and night sweats. Havenâ??t had any weight gain, however I think it might be causing sever mouth sores. My tongue swells just a bit and then I bite it. Once bit, I experience canker sores on my tongue. Now Iâ??m finding I have sores on the inside of my cheeks as well. Iâ??m on 1mg tablet three weeks with one week off. I have noticed my mouth will clear up two - three days after I stop for the week off. Then symptoms return within three days of retaking. My Dr doesnâ??t seem to think that it could be from this medication. Heâ??s given me herpes medication and steroid meds. Not sure if the herpes drug worked because of timing in taking it. So severe are these mouth sores Iâ??ve lost over 20 lbs. I look ten years older. I love not having hot flashes and night sweats, but canâ??t Handel not being able to eat. Iâ??ve tried just about every OTC products for my symptoms of menopause and nothing else has every even reduced symptoms I have experienced for over 10 years. Iâ??m stopping cold turkey in hopes I can eat again and against Dr orders. Terrible to have to choose between which of the two evils I have to live with. Hot flashes and night sweats, bring it on!!!Read More Read Less

carebear | 35-44 | Female | Patient
12/1/2019
Condition: Low Estrogen After Operation to Remove Ovaries

This medicine brought out my psoraisis. Severe itching, burning of my skin, severe mood swings. Messed with my bowel movements and caused horrible dry eyes. I have demanded my gyn get a prior authorazation to get back on premarian.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/29/2019
Condition: Low Estrogen After Operation to Remove Ovaries

Tried medication for depression and it only made me feel worse, but the second I started taking this medication I felt like a different person. I feel emotional if I miss a dose.

Myra | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
8/1/2018
Condition: Low Estrogen After Operation to Remove Ovaries

Complete hysterectomy at age 23 due to ovarian cysts and untreatable fibroids. Taking 2mg daily and feel almost normal. Slight swelling of breasts from 34B cup to 36C, but that's OK since not painful.

Griff | 75 or over | Male | Patient
5/2/2018
Condition: Cancer of Prostate that has Spread to Other Part of Body

No experience yet

KD | 45-54 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
3/15/2018
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

Tried Climara-pro patch, really liked it but had trouble keeping it on, donâ??t think I was getting the full dose. Was transferred to another doctor/surgeon for hematometra procedure, who put in an IUD (progesterone) at same time

SEB | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/13/2018
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

Immediate relief of hot flashes. No noticeable negative side effects. Inexpensive ($4/month) way to relief and improved sleep.

Louie | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/19/2017
Condition: Low Estrogen After Operation to Remove Ovaries

Anonymous | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
9/12/2017

I was prescribed estrodial 1MG because I was a late bloomer. I never had a period or cycle until I was 30 years old, thanks to the medication. Everyone would tell me how lucky I was to not have a cycle, and it was fine for a while, until I wanted to have kids. Basically, my body was not producing estorgen and needed a kick. After taking the medicine for a month, it kicked on a monthly cycle. The first was very heavy, but after a while, it became easier to deal with. side effects I noticed: I used to despise public bathrooms. Now I swear by them--I cannot hold my pee for long periods of times. I have 30 seconds to find a toilet or it's gonna be an accident (lol). I "leak" down there sometimes. Maybe this i a part of being a woman, but as I mentioned, this is new to me. My breasts grew like hell haha. Sometimes, there's an itchy sensation, and during cycles, I get alllllll sevennnnn days. Nothing less. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/31/2017
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

I was experiencing frequent intense hot flashes which contributed to lack of sleep and fatigue. I started this med 10 weeks ago. Hot flashes are gone and I am sleeping great! However, I have gained 9 pounds in 10 weeks and frequently feel bloated. If weight gain continues I will need to seek an alternate.

Lovinglifenow | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/12/2017
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

I have been on Estradiol pill for one week due to menopause symptoms. I had hot flashes and night sweats so bad that I could not sleep. I had stiff joints and was tired all the time. The Estradiol has changed my life for the better. I started seeing positive results in 3 days. No night sweats and hot flashes now, less joint pain and more energy. And my mood is so much calmer. I did have a little nausea the first couple of days, but no side effects now. I wish I would have went on it sooner.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/8/2017
Condition: Low Estrogen After Operation to Remove Ovaries

I was on Premarian for 7 years and when the cost went up this year I switched to Estradiol. As soon as it hits my stomach instant pain, hot flash/sweat and burning. It will go away after awhile. I've tried also taking with food and as long I take as I finish eatings it is not as bad.

nanalt | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/3/2017
Condition: Low Estrogen After Operation to Remove Ovaries

Doesn't seem to be working at all. Was on premarin but it didnt stop hot flushes either!

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient