I was on Premarin for several years and my doctor switched me to Estradiol (generic for Estrace) 1.5 mg and I have never felt this good. No more hot flashes, sad moods, headaches, etc. This switch was the best thing that ever happened for me! I know that everyone reacts differently to medication but I would highly recommend Estradiol if you are experiencing issues with your current medication!

Was on Premarin and when the copay went up I switched to the 1mg Estradiol. Worst mistake of my life! Hot flashes, severe headaches, weight gain and sleeplessness. Extreme yeast infections. Iâ??ll suffer with the hot flashes.

Cheril | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
6/5/2021

I was 22 when I had a full hysterectomy due to cancer taking over. After 5 years went by I noticed hot flashes were so overwhelming I would wake up drenched in sweat like I wet the bed my husband was so kind about it and changed them with me without hesitation. And would get me new clothes. I would sleep with towels under the sheets as well as between my legs just to calm the night sweats down. The mood swings and depression hit really hard for me... Being 27 years old was not fun at all with no hormones so I did something about it. I tried creams, lotions, patches... name it I tried it and then I tried estradiol and I have not looked back. I'm 36 now and there's been a few times were my insurance has lapsed and I couldn't get in to see the Dr so I went a month with out it and it was the worst mistake of my life! It stays in your system but when its out it takes forever to readjust again. I will never go with out again.... Its the first script I fill every month to make sure I have it. I take 2mg every morning and I'm right as rain. I do have vaginal dryness that's the only complain I have but its not all the time and just takes a little longer to get the juices flowing or a little help every now and again but its nothing major. I was 22 when I had a hysterectomy so I've grown accustomed to this life. Hope this helps

Sable | 25-34 | Transgender | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/3/2021

Kind of wild that this article doesn't discuss estradiol's use by transgender women.

Desertgreen10 | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/8/2021
Condition: Low Estrogen After Operation to Remove Ovaries

Like a few others have reported, it triggered my psoriasis and the itching was intense. I also began to have tingling and numbness in my hands and feet after 2 months of continuous use. No one thought this may be the culprit so I was sent off to a neurologist. After 6 months of tingling and numbness it turned to severe pain in my hips. I went from a gym bunny to unable to get out of bed to let the dog out. I couldnâ??t even sit upright in a chair. After a year, my rheumatologist thought this could possibly be the problem. Symptoms came on fairly quickly after starting this, and lo and behold, after 3 weeks off this I was almost pain free. If you have psoriasis or any other disease that sends your immune system into overdrive, you may want to rethink this medication. At the least, you need to know every single side effect known. Hot flashes are only a minor inconvenience and nuisance compared to the chronic pain of psoriatic arthritis. I feared the pain would never go away, but luckily it did.

finallyhappy | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/26/2020
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

I have tried estrogen patches, Evamist Spray, Femring, and none of them worked for me. And then, I tried the Estradiol 1mg pill and I noticed a difference after 6 hours! It was amazing. But 12 hours into it, I started to get my headache back, and the dr. told me to take the 1mg twice a day every 12 hours to keep a steady stream in my system. It worked like a charm! Anxiety, hot flashes, memory problems, aches and pains, depression were all gone! And this generic pill is so inexpensive!

Ljane117 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
7/25/2020
Condition: "Change of Life" Signs

I suffered from sever hot flashes and moodiness, started on the 2 mg estradiol pills and OMG I could live again. I recently went off, and after 4 weeks I’m back on...can’t live without this during menopause! Love love love!