If you’re thinking about taking clozapine!! Think again! It is the most destructive brain altering drug known to man! There is no way of getting off it without major relapse! FACT It should never be a last resort med!!! If you want to end some ones life put them on this med!

clozapine bullshite | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Caregiver
11/9/2014

aaron | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
8/15/2014

how to stop taking it and why do i also been taking other med that are red flaged not to take toger clozapine + topiramate

Anonymous | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
5/11/2014

These drugs are a complete waste of time - and human potential. Accept yourself, and heal your life yourself.

mcm | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/9/2014
Condition: Suicidal Behavior in Schizoaffective Disorder

life sdaving medication,nothing else worked does require dedication and compliance been taking 18 years

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months |
4/3/2014
Condition: Mania associated with Bipolar Disorder

bi-polar drug is ok but I must have weekly blood tests to make sure my white blood cells are ok. CVS pharmacy will not release Cloapine to me unless they too get a copy of my weekly blood levels.

Bobert | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/14/2014
Condition: Schizophrenia

This medicine has worked wonders for me. I've tried pretty much all of the schizophrenia medicines. And this one is the best. It has stopped hallucinations, delusions, everything. The only thing i don't like about it is how much it makes me sleep. I've went from about 8 hrs a night to 12. Its still worth it though.

Anonymous | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
12/31/2013

Helped the anxiety I was dealing with, but coming off of it was very difficult

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 10 years or more | Caregiver
9/25/2013
Condition: Schizophrenia

My brother started clozapine over 10 years ago. it changed his life and he got back what the mental disorder had taken from him. he use to be hospitalized against his will on a regular monthly basis. the police would take him by force. he was violent and paranoid and i felt so sorry and scared of him. I love him but he hated me when he got sick. He and I now live together and his life is so good. he is happy and takes the medication on his own because it works. he has never been hospitalized sinse taking clozapine.Read More Read Less

hakunamotata | 13-18 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/24/2013

doesnt work, makes me tired the day after.. waste of time

wholelottaclozapine | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
11/21/2012

I do not like the pamphelet information about the drug.I think it is too general and may encourage it's use by people without genuine need to use it.I think a different marketing approach would be helpful.

BipolarVet | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/14/2012
Condition: Bipolar Disorder in Remission

I am taking 25 mg per night to address the manic part of my bipolar disorder. Even at such a low dosage, it makes me very drowsy and it's hard to get started in the morning. On average, I sleep between 10-12 hours a day with clozapine, when I used to sleep more like 7-8 hours. Also, I have to have quite frequent blood tests to make sure my white cell count is not too low from the clozapine. However, in spite of all these negatives, I still am glad to be on it because it has helped me remain stable and avoid hospitalizations for the past year and 8 months.Read More Read Less

Judy | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
1/17/2012

My Father had Parkinson's, mild dementia, and heart stents. One dose at bedtime, he passed away the next morning! Do not recomend!!!

ccbbozz | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
12/29/2011
Condition: Suicidal Behavior in Schizoaffective Disorder

Worked 4 me, very quickly was hospitalized when they started it, my 1st experience w/hallucinations. Stopped them,none in 6 yrs,blood draw monthly.It's a life saver, I haven't experienced any negative side effects or allergic effects .

Starwood | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Caregiver
8/21/2010
Condition: Suicidal Behavior in Schizoaffective Disorder

My son had been tormented with mental illness since in high school. He attempted suicide 2 times heard voices and thought tv and radios were talking to him. He had been in mental hospital 3 times, and it was not until a very excellent psychiatrist started him on clozaril, that it was like a miracle. He is on very low doses and can function now , go to school and work. He is also on low dose lithium at bedtime. Although monthly blood draws can be a nuisance , it is well worth the inconvenience. he also has an excellent therapist who helps him look forward and not rehash the past.Read More Read Less

goddess | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/17/2010
awsomkris | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/11/2010

very calming

booboo1962 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
2/3/2010
Condition: Mania associated with Bipolar Disorder
[email protected] | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Caregiver
1/23/2010
Condition: Schizophrenia

I am the younger brother and legal guardian to a 55 year old femal that has been on this treatment (colzapine) for approximately 20 years and we are finding that there are many problems after prolonged use of this medication. The reason that this treatment was sought was because the alternitive tretments were so devistateing to her general health and mental behavior. The alternitive medications were stelzine, thorzine, and heldol. Currently she is recieving 500 mg per day of clozapine along with other medications but as of the last 6 months she has been experianceing total regression of her illness, in other words she now is worse than she's been in the past 15 years. I would like to find a alternitive to clozapine. I would like to try a medication that was designed for a female if at all possible. She has been hospitalized 4 times in the last 6 months and I'm running out of options. Any sugestions would be greatly appretiated. Read More Read Less

blueangel | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Caregiver
11/4/2009
Condition: Suicidal Behavior in Schizoaffective Disorder

My daughter was placed on Clozaril (Clozapine) 3 or 4 years ago and has done extremely well on this medication. She had been on everything else and this is the 1st time a med has worked for her. Both of us are very happy with this medication. High praises from both of us.

[email protected] | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
9/24/2009