I am satisfied with the effectiveness of this medication. However, I have experienced some coughing and arthritis-like pain in my arms and legs. I will discuss these side effects with my primary care doctor. I was previously taking another medication which caused me to expereince severe palpitations, and that is why my doctor switched me to Diltiazem ER, 240 mg.

I was told that I could not take this medication because of my naturally slow heartbeat (49-59 bpm) I have high blood pressure which spikes and falls throughout the day. May have to go back to plain old hydrochlorthyizide (spelling?) tablets.

h2o |
11/30/2010
Condition: High Blood Pressure

on it for years buttt now get very tired and weak suspect a/c taking statins for cholrestol might be the problem?? not sure had to quit bowling weak no energy?

blondie | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
8/15/2010
Condition: High Blood Pressure

It causes me to have no energy, sleepy, very dry mouth, and stuffed up nose.

wanda | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/13/2009
Condition: Type of Angina Where Chest Pain Occurs at Rest

it makes my heart rate slow down but it makes m jaws get tight and somewhat haed to breath until it evens out. it also makes my arms hurt.

Email:[email protected] | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
2/22/2009

I was prescibe this medicine (Diltiazem) for cotrol of auricular fluttar which devlop after bypass. I use this since octobrt 2001, Now i have of an on stometites and costipation .Shoud I change the medicine or not?

mthrdovey | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient