Just started taking for fluid retention. The swelling has gone down to where I can actually see my ankles again.

Patient 478 | 65-74 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
5/18/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I started this medication in the hospital. A few months later I would get a blister on the tip of my tongue if I took one pill. If I took it again the next day I got another blister on my tongue. It wasn't worth it to take this medicine.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | Patient
3/25/2014
Condition: Visible Water Retention

I cannot drive around the block without looking for a bathroom. I no longer go places because of the discomfort of constantly having to urinate and/or the pain of holding it. Another problem is the severe leg cramps. They strike without warning and are bad enough to take my breath away. After several months of being on Demadex, my lags and ankles are swollen twice their normal size. The mouth dryness is severe. I keep sores in my mouth and my tongue constantly burns. I cannot talk or swallow without a sip of water. I have an appointment with my doctor to discuss a change in medicine.

precious | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/1/2012
Condition: Visible Water Retention

After 3 days started violently throwing up. Hospitalized for 4 days. Released from hospital thought it perhaps it wasn't the drug and because I gained 11 lbs. in 6 days started taking drug again. Same thing happened. The drug worked I just can't tolerated it.

wrdsci | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
9/29/2011
Condition: Visible Water Retention

I have been on Demadex since 2003 when a sudden water retention occured. Same condition my maternal grandmother had at the same age.Tried the generic torsemide which did not work.Excellent results with Demadex. Be sure to have a restroom available because it works within a half hour. I have had no side effects but I do eat a banana/day for potasium depletion and have regular blood tests. Recommend highly.

shel1950 | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient