I have a 4 yr. old who has been perscribed this medication for the treatment of ringworm of the scalp. She most likely picked the fungus up from our local public pool and we have been dealing with this since the beginng of July 2010. We are seeing very noticable changes on her scalp. She is getting her hair back and it is staying in even after being brushed.(before the meds. her hair would come ...

i was tring to know if griseofulvin can be taken for boils? i have one under my arm and it hurts ait painful,cant take it anymore.i have been using boil ease for a week now and the head have not even came up

RS | 45-54 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/20/2014
Condition: Ringworm of Scalp

I had severe itching in the scalp, neck and back. Dr. said it is due to fungal infection and prescribed this 500 mg twice a day. Within a day, I had severe heaviness in head and dizziness. I have stopped it now. However I had some relief after taking this medicine. But to the side effect I am not continuing. Need to check with Dr some alternate medicine

Anonymous | 7-12 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/5/2014
ch | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
10/15/2013
Condition: Fungal Infection of Toenails

hard sores which are not pain full

Worried Mom | 0-2 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/25/2013

This med was prescribed for my 9 month old daughter. After a week and a half, it caused runny poop and a red rash on her face. She stayed a little warm and it caused her to spit up which is very unusual because she is on breast milk and always keeps her food and milk down. She didn't like the taste, so that didn't help either.

Jenzerbi | 3-6 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
8/22/2012
Condition: Ringworm of Scalp

My 4 yr old just started taking this 3 days ago. He complaned of a head ache... But then it goes away. I am very worried because I have noticed his mood change... He becomes hyper after taking it and has started to get in trouble at his school. Which has never happened. His teacher mentioned this to me yesterday. I don't know where I stand with this med. I may discontinue it and just use topical cream. Though it is on his scalp and its hard to put cream on each one. He has one big one that oozes out and others that are very small. I am so frustrated!