I am taking this medication for a herniated disc in my lower back, L4-L5. This incident has caused extreme pain to my back with pain radiation down my left leg. After one day of starting a Medrol Pack the pain is almost nil. My only complainant is difficulty sleeping. I have used this medication before approx. 3 years ago for a similar back injury and I also experienced profound positive effec...

The medication has helped with my pain from a herniated disk in my neck, but the side effects are worse than the relief. I am very dizzy and have a horrible headache. I am very glad I am almost done with the pack, hopefully it has a lasting effect with the relief but I cannot wait for the side effects t stop!

clc | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/17/2019

Given Rx for hip bursitis; very effective for pain and nerve tingling with minimal side effects.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/3/2016

I have taken this 3 times over the past year for Cervical spondylosis in my neck. It is a miracle drug. It eased the pain without any other pain medications. I use the 6 pack and it is so easy to use.

Hot Pink | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/19/2015
Condition: Asthma

My doctor prescribed this medication for my asthma flare up and my symptoms were relieved within hours after taking it. I also had inflammation in my heel and I think this medication also relieved the pain.

Ben | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/31/2014

I was given Methylprednisone along with Demerol and Phenergan so I'm not completely sure if it was a combination of medications or the Methylprednisone that made it work so good. I had a stuck kidney stone, pneumonia and a Medtronic Reveal XT heart monitor installed all at the same time and had 2 surgeries within a few weeks. Once I took the Methylprednisone I felt like I could breathe again and actually felt better than I do today. I was able to do stuff while the prescriptions lasted but once they were out it was back to waking up with headaches puking in the middle of the night, getting dizzy spells, passing out, getting out of breath easy, hip pain, back pain and just overall hating my life because I feel like crap all the time. Only if it were easy to get this medication once again but the doctors look at me like I'm some sort of crackhead. I just want to be able to mow the lawn or work on my truck without having my eyes go blurry, getting dizzy and out of breath. I hardly ever sleep anyways so I really didn't notice any problems with the medication.

Relieved.Patient | 65-74 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/26/2014
Condition: Inflammation of the Sac Surrounding the Joint - Bursitis

Received 4 mg/tablet dosepak around 6 PM (21 tablets total). Took first 6 tablets at equal hourly intervals. Slept 7 hours straight for first time for 4 months. My problem was severe shoulder pain which WORSENED upon sleeping. Changing position or sleeping upright did not help. After taking 1st methylprednisone dose, other swollen or painful tissues and joints also became normal - swollen left hand went to normal size; middle finger knuckle on right hand went from 4 pain to zero pain (scale 0 to 10 where 10 = crying). Eustachian tubes shrunk which improved my hearing. Sinuses shrunk, which allowed them to drain (had been blocked for weeks). Benefits persisted for next 5 days - I hope symptoms won't return. Taking 500 mg Levofloxacin tablet 1/day for two weeks to treat sinus and Eustachian tube infection helped some, but improvement with methylprednisone was much greater. With so many benefits and little risk, I suggest having a serious discussion with your healthcare provider if you think methylprednisone could possibly help you.