These reviews are depressing! While in college a friend recommended Loestrin to me and I've been on its generic ever since, over 10 years now. I had a child in 2005 and continued Microgestin awhile after that. I've been completely satisfied with the product. No weight gain or spotting, no extraordinary moodiness or nausea, very little cramps if I've been exercising and eating right, and my libi...

My ob/gyn put me on this medication after taking out my IUD (mirena). I had the mirena for about 6 years and the last couple of years were pretty bad. So, I decided to change birth control method, so I got the Microgestin FE 1.5/30 prescribed. I thought it was gonna help with the acne and loss of sex drive that the mirena started causing those last couple of years, but since I have been on this pi...

User789900 | 13-18 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
6/5/2018
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

This has been the worst birth control Iâ??ve ever taken. My mood has just been sad all the time; I feel like Iâ??m walking around with an umbrella over my head all the time and I have been so anxious and moody. I have also had horrible stomach cramping.

Ashley | 25-34 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
4/21/2018
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

This is the only birth control that has helped me with my periods. Since I was a teen my periods were super heavy and lasted a good week. I had horrible cramps throughout the entire time. I was skeptical at first as to how these would work for me but they have been a lifesaver. I have been taking these pills for approximately 8 months now. I could not live without these. From the very first month of taking these pills there was a drastic change. My periods were WAY less heavy. Every month has been better and better. Last month my period was non existent.

Anonymous | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Caregiver
12/22/2017
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

This is the worst birth control ever. My daughter has been on it for 6 months and is having horrible mood swings. Either she is so sad she doesn't want to get out of bed or she is mad at the world. Having her Dr change it immediately.

Cora | 19-24 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
9/13/2017
Condition: Abnormally Long or Heavy Periods

I've been really sad ever since I started taking this. I've been breaking out which I normally do not. And I have been eating more as well. I started spotting a lot and just felt so tired all day long. This pill makes you feel insane. Do not take it. I do not recommend it at all.

Anom | 13-18 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/11/2017
Condition: Endometriosis

First, the most important thing to remember with birth control is that you have to stay on it for a few months until you really know how it will affect you. Everyone responds differently! I have been on it for 6 months now and it has been good. I had nausea here and there for the first month, which can be expected, but it wasn't horrible. My periods got lighter, and I have no cramps what so ever during my period or before. I also noticed I had less mood swings. I don't have sex, but it has not stopped me from wanting it/changed my libido. I have endometriosis, IC (sensitive bladder), and possibly IBS. At first it seemed like it made my IBS worse, but I really have to watch what eat. Birth control, because it is changing your hormones, can effect your digestive system because it can change some of the enzymes you use to digest. Overall, it has been pretty good. It has also helped clear up my skin! Many people blame birth control for mood swings or loss of sex drive, but they really must also look at their circumstances in life. You can also easily trick your brain/body. If you tell yourself something, most likely it will come true. You just have to try it for yourself to see if it fits you. Everyone is different.