Started having bald spots when I was 23.Rogaine didnt do anything for me.I started taking Propecia,and within six months I started seeing results.Seven years later,I have the same amount of hair,but my hairline is receding slowly at the temples.I would recommend this drug.The drawbacks are the high cost and a slower sex drive.

razyBaldheadz | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/15/2021
Condition: Male Pattern Baldness

Although I did not have a tremendous loss of hair and in fact, due to body dysmorphia I had incorrectly assumed that I had started to lose my hair at the age of 23 when a gentlemen I was working with made a comment that I interpreted as I was well on my way to becoming bald at what I deemed to be an early age, I came to the conclusion that I was freaking out over nothing about ten years later. Now that I have hit the ripe age of 36 I am starting to see the initial signs of loss around my temples and due to some scarring from accidents and subsequent brain injuries, what appears to be a slight reduction around the crown of my head. When in my twenties and mostly just extremely paranoid concerning impending loss that has appeared to just barely be showing its ugly head (pun), I never truly noticed any actual gains and this was probably due to the fact that I was not losing hair. Given the fact that Propecias main attribute is the ability to keep the hair that one already has, I convinced myself that perhaps I got an early start and the year or so that I used it delayed the onset of balding that is now starting to concern me. So, this is more a questionnaire with a severely minimalistic review written in. One question I had was is the rumor that taking only half of a pill or perhaps 1 whole a day and the next a half or just half pills both days produce the same amount of effect. I have read this on one forum or another and would appreciate any peoples experience as to whether this was actually affective. Is there a serious difference between ordering from the dark web vendors that have solid reviews and it considered dangerous and is there any generic that is proven to be just as effective as the brand name Propecia. I apologize that my review sample time was rather vague in it's results but I have an extremely scarred head from numerous TBI's and I feel I am at the precipice of age that starting this medicine in conjunction with Rogaine is ideal for where I am currently and where I would be heading due to the rather thin nature of my locks. I appreciate any response to this and any info from people that have had to travel these roads. Thank you very much and take care to you all. Read More Read Less

cjeffry24 | 35-44 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
3/4/2021
Condition: Male Pattern Baldness

To my chagrin, I first noticed mild male pattern baldness as a freshman in college, which was devastating. After ignoring/hiding the problem by wearing baseball hats and growing my hair long, I started on 1 mg finasteride at age 22. I never regrew any hair, but it absolutely - and drastically - slowed down the rate of hair loss. When I was 21 I expected to be fully bald by age 30, and at age 42, I am a Norwood 2. So it has done an amazing job of helping me to keep most of my hair, and I did not have any side effects. I plan to take this medication forever. Read More Read Less

Bob | 55-64 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
7/23/2020
Condition: Male Pattern Baldness

Happily taking this for 25 years. No observed side effects and I have a full head of hair, which was not the case at age 30. Had two kids in the meantime.

Bo | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
3/24/2020
Condition: Male Pattern Baldness

I have PFS (Post-Finasteride Syndrome). I cannot sustain an erection during sex, suffer from genital anesthesia and/or numbness, have muted/blocked/pleasureless orgasms when I masturbate, and suffer from brain fog, memory loss, and thinking at times. I have low testosterone, extremely high FSH, and pituitary problems as a result of being on Propetia on and off for years. I’ve been off of Propecia for a year. Although I’ve had shock wave therapy to remove penile scar tissue and improve nerve damage and had testosterone replacement therapy, my sexual functioning and cognitive issues persist. Oh! And I became infertile on Propecia too. Fortunately, I had enough sperm left to have a baby with my wife via IVF. Stay away from this toxic and poisonous medication! It will potentially destroy your life."Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 55-64 | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years |
10/16/2019
Condition: Male Pattern Baldness

At age 55 I started to notice about 15-20 hairs falling on my keyboard. It freaked me out. I started to take the 1mg of finasteride, and within about 4 months, not one single hair falls on my keyboard. Even my professional barber noticed the growth of hair, told me it is even thicker than before. It has worked for me, without fail, not sure if it will for everyone. I take every single day, without missing a day.

Alex | 19-24 | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
3/11/2018
Condition: Male Pattern Baldness

I'm 23 and took Propecia (Finasteride 1mg) daily for 7 months. Did it work? Yes and no. I noticed a 70% drop in hair loss but no regrowth during the period I took the drug. Why did I stop? After 2/3 months I noticed that the quality of my sperm had decreased (it progressively become more runny and clear) and the amount I was producing halved. For my personally I didn't want to risk my fertility in the long run as this is a drug that I would need to take indefinitely so I stopped and moved to Minoxidil. It has reduced my rate of hair loss to a similar amount however I haven't had any side affects while taking it so for me, this is a better option. I'll just add that since I stopped taking Finasteride the quality of my sperm has returned to normal so the side effect wasn't permanent, it stopped after I stopped taking the medication. Read More Read Less

Choda | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
10/22/2017
Condition: Enlarged Prostate

I've been taking 5mg daily for about a year for enlarged prostate, and am seeing significant hair regrowth, and shrinkage in my prostate. Also, I am peeing like a racehorse along with the regrowth. I can still obtain a nice erection, hard as a rock.

MS91 | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
3/5/2017
Condition: Male Pattern Baldness

Started at 1 mg but reduced dose to .5 mg due to having testicle pain. The reduced dose has no side effects for me. Libido has never been a problem. I take for a receding hairline and started noticing small results at 10 months.

Formeruser | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
1/25/2016
Condition: Male Pattern Baldness

Effective for stopping my hair loss with some regrowth. Took for almost 20 years. Noticed some diminished sexual drive after a few years but not enough to be a problem. Plus I was getting older and thought that could be a factor. Then one day I was mortified to find I could not maintain an erection or orgasm during intercourse with an exciting and much younger girlfriend. I stopped taking the drug and in about 60 days the situation had greatly improved so that I have a sex life again. I am hoping it will continue to get better. I lost the hair I had gained but since it coincided with regaining strong erections I was happy to watch it go. None of the women in my life ever cared how much hair I had. It was my own vanity. If you are taking this and notice a decrease in your libido or erections, even if it is not yet a problem, as you get older there may come a time when it makes a difference. You don't want to find out then that permanent damage has been done. Don't take this. There are plenty of attractive women who don't care about hair loss. Work on your confidence and personality instead. Read More Read Less

SS | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/8/2015
Condition: Male Pattern Baldness

Taking it for three months now Hair Loss stopped about 90%. Yes there are some side effects. Morning wood is story of the past. But can get erections not as quick as before but can get easily. Ma y be little loss of libido. One thing I noticed is amount of ejaculation has gone down rapidly. My doctor said it will be back to normal If I leave it for 3 months. Fingers Crossed for that. Hopefully it helps.

Anonymous | 19-24 |
1/20/2015
Condition: Male Pattern Baldness

I notice the ED and many fluctuations of Sexual drive with Propecia bs. generic. In the regards, I was wondering I can take this before bed to feel "functional" during the day.

notahappycamper | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/22/2013
Condition: Enlarged Prostate

I now have a very full head of hair, very large breasts that are extremely painful,absolutely NO sex drive,or ability to climax or ejaculate, but since I have also lost virtually all of my sex organs, that really does not matter. I would not ever suggest that anybody take this medicine from the eleventh level of HELL. Have stopped this med six months ago and absolutely NO changes other than even larger breasts and smaller sex organ. Have joined MANY others in lawsuit for reparition and to get this drug removed from the market. DANGEROUS drug! VERY DANGEROUS!Read More Read Less

Johnny | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
6/5/2013
Condition: Male Pattern Baldness

I'm a 35yo healthy athletic Asian male, I've had NO side effects. I've been on it for 3.5 years, it seemed take about 6 months to notice any difference. I don't think I've gained much new hair, but its certainly stopped the losses. Generic is now available for about $180/100pills through Costco. I've witnessed absolutely NO LOSS of sexual appetite or libido. I'm still fired up! My theory is that some married men might use the "loss of sexual interest" potential side effect as an excuse not to have sex with their wives, most of whom have long since lost their attractiveness(ie. got fat, cut their hair too short, stopped using make up, stopped wearing lingerie) since the wedding day. Most middle aged couples stop caring what they look like, hence lack of sexual energy. Sorry, I know the truth hurts. Read More Read Less

upset | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/12/2013
Condition: Male Pattern Baldness

I have taken propecia for over 10 years. I then found out propecia is finestaride. So I started saving money by buying finestaride instead. Anyway, they work great for the hair, but after noticing my ED and other sexual related issues,I started to look into my medications,and there it was "POW" All of my sexual side effects are directly related to "PROPECIA". Please ,if you are taking this medication,"STOP" It has long term and possibly life consequences that will destroy your sex life.

wtx | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/28/2013
Condition: Male Pattern Baldness

This drug helped really well with my hair loss. Within 2 months I noticed a signifigant increase in the thickness of my hair. But I developed the most HORRIBLE acne on my face. I had the skin of a 13 year old hormonal boy. After stopping the drug within 2 weeks my skin was completely clear. Also, I had difficulties with maintaining an erection which also resolved after discontinuing the use of Propecia.

cowboyfromheaven | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years |
12/16/2012
Condition: Male Pattern Baldness

the first one i bought was so expensive, then i found a site that offers this med at a low price.. it has the same effect and really helps my hair problem. whats amazing was it has no side effect than the previous one i bought. check this site: https://howmanypills.net/anti-alopecia.html

GrayLeft | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
7/15/2012
Condition: Male Pattern Baldness

I've taken this drug for 20+ years. It stopped the onslaught of hair loss pretty quickly for me but I never regrew what I already lost. HOWEVER, my libido is practially non-existent and the amount of semen I now produce is down to a mere dribble. I'm concerned these may be permanent but I'm also fearful that if I stop taking it, I'll be bald in no time.

Nick A. | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
7/13/2012
Condition: Male Pattern Baldness

I heard on NBC news tonight (12 July 2012) that a number of men have experienced ED during and long after taking this medication: I have had the same experience, and I thought it was merely my age or something undetermined. It never occurred to me that my extended ED might have been caused by Propecia. I stopped taking it a long time ago now, but I continue to have significant problems with ED.

DH | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
1/20/2012
Condition: Male Pattern Baldness

I was 25 when I started the medicine -- while certainly I didn't regrow a full head of hair, a layer enough to cover all empty areas grew back. Unfortunately, I am one that had serious ED as a side effect. I just stopped taking and am hoping I am not one of the permanent ED cases of long-term Propecia users.

jevz | 65-74 | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
2/27/2011
Condition: Male Pattern Baldness

I take Finasteride 5mg daily for BPH. Was suprised to find that it supposedly treats hair loss. I'm losing my hair, but I'm also 65 years young. Have noticed decrease in semen but no hair gain that I can see. I've noticed other reviewers state that the drug is expensive. I get the 5mg tablets for $10.50 for a 90 day supply through my insurance companies mail order pharmacy. So guys, check that out! I've been on Finasteride for a couple years now. From what I read, I should have a full head of hair, but no such luck.Read More Read Less