My son has been taking this medicine for about a year now for his ADHD. He is almost 6 now. The doctors couldn't give him a stimulant because he also has a mild form of Tourette's and a stimulant would bring out his ticks. So now after a year of use, I have noticed a HUGE change in my son. He is more calm and reasonable regarding situations which he use to not have any patience for. And it's not t...

I am on this treatment.

Joe | 13-18 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
5/26/2021
keesl | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/5/2021

I was prescribed this medicine for tics and all it did was make my blood pressure drop immensely and make me constantly dizzy and nauseous

Olivia | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
4/24/2021
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I've been taking this medicine for about six years now and I've had health problems in the past so I never thought much of it but recently I've noticed a trend. Even if I get 9+ hours of sleep a night I still find myself nodding off in class and having slow reaction times. Sports are becoming increasingly harder for me and my drowsiness is CONSTANT(also this part's embarrassing, but ever since I've started taking Guanfacine I haven't been able to go #2-- after I eat anything, even just a granola bar, my stomach starts cramping up and making noises, but yeah obviously I don't normally go around talking about that). However, the biggest problem I noticed was when I went off my meds for a few days(the pharmacy was backed up). I had to skip two days of school because I was sweating profusely, I got dizzy very easily, my face was red and splotchy, but mostly I felt like I was cooking from the inside out. Even though my body temperature was average, I felt like I had a horrible fever. The worst part is, the medicine doesn't even help with my inability to focus(mostly spacing out) or procrastination. Yeah it might work for some people but that's just my experience.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/7/2021
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I take 4 mg at night. Iâ??ve struggled with racing thoughts and an inability to turn off my brain and fall asleep for nearly a decade. Started Intuniv at night 3 months ago and itâ??s been life changing. This medication does not immediately show effects like a stimulant. It took a couple weeks to start to notice the changes. I had always been on stimulants before but they did nothing to help me sleep. My doc pulled me off those and put me on this alone for a month. My sleep improved drastically. However, I still had some symptoms during the day. They were reduced, but not enough. So after a month, they added a low dose of Adderall XR in the morning and I take this at night and it has worked wonders. After 12 years of medication ups and downs, I finally feel like weâ??ve nailed it. Read More Read Less

Harvs | 7-12 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/3/2021
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

My daughter has adhd and Anxiety and cerebral palsy. This is the only medicine so far that has worked for her. The only problem We are having is tiredness so we are working with her dr to figure out the correct dosing for her. So other than tiredness this Medicine has been extremely effective for us.

Anonymous | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Caregiver
2/18/2021
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

After being informed 3 yr my 13 started having ringing in the ear and everything started being real loud took her off she fine now

Kelandkids | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
2/21/2020
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

My daughter and son, ages 10 and 8, were given this medicine by their doctor to treat their ADHD. It did absolutely nothing, and was expensive. We discontinued it and started using a stimulant medication. The stimulant was effective IMMEDIATELY and we are very happy with it. Intuniv was not helpful for my two kids at all.

Mike | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/1/2019
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I’m 39 years old and have been taking this medicine (3mg) for almost a week. I have ADD which was pretty noticeable by me and my family. I went to the doctor and tried 2 different medicines but the side effects was high blood pressure and constipation so they didn’t workout. The first few day on this medicine I was so tired. When I got up in the morning I could barely stand up and walk without stumbling but it has gotten better. I noticed now when I get up I’m dizzy and it feels like it feels when you stand up to fast and the blood rush to your head. Also I noticed that my legs get numb and my arm get numb and fingers tingling. I’m assuming its affecting my blood circulation. My final take on what I like about this medicine: It works for me as far as treating my symptoms and I can notice a huge difference in being able to focus and. Also my blood pressure was slightly elevated before this medicine but is now in normal range. What I don’t like: The side effects is bothering me with the dizziness, tingling, and numbness in my limbs. If this doesn’t get better soon I might have to stop taking.Read More Read Less

Anonymous |
2/1/2019
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

My daughter is 6 and started taking this medicine 2 months ago. It did not help with her ADHD at all and she started falling asleep in the afternoons at school. She wouldn't want to do her classwork and lost any interest in school.

Anonymous | 7-12 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
1/29/2019
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

my son is 7 yrs old and has been diagnosed with ADHD w/tics. This medicine has helped him tremendously,especially in school, even his teach wrote to me and she sees a huge difference. He did get very sweaty the first week or so and continues to be tired especially after school. I'm still figuring out if its helping his tics ...time will tell.

David | 35-44 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
12/9/2018
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I have a 15-year-old child and all this medicine did, was it made him more irritable, grumpy, tired, and easily agitated. I would not recommend this to anyone!!!

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/24/2018
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

39 year old female. I was sleepy all the time and mentally exhausted. I didn't want to go back on a stimulant because they make me very moody and irritable. I have been on this for about 2 months. Started with 1 mg, good for the week and surprised I wasn't more sleepy after reading all the reviews. Noticed a slight difference in tiredness and mental focus. Increased to 2 mg and doing great. Not tired, not exhausted, sleeping well. I do get tired and mental drained in the afternoons and I'm discussing 3 mg worth my dr. Waiting 1 more week before we do that. Overall I'm completely happy with this and so glad I didn't go back to a stimulant. I am also on stetrilene. Read More Read Less

Mommabear | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
1/22/2018
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

My 8 year old has been on this drug at 1mg and we have seen such a change in him! He gets dressed and ready without a right, is able to focus at school and is way less disruptive. He is tired but that's improving.

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/19/2017
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I am 51 years old and decided to go back to school. I have been dealing with ADHD all my life and all the other drugs raise my blood pressure. My doctor put me on this medication about four months ago, and aside from being sleepy all the time, I can concentrate a little, not much but enough to get the school work done.

Nennyof4 | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Caregiver
6/10/2017
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

MY grand daughter has been on this for ADHD for quiet some time now like a couple years so please tell me (i'm the grandmother) WHEN DOES THIS START WORK??? This 8 year old iS still so busy and does not sleep half the time and can stay up all night, whats up with that,,,

Thankful Mother | 7-12 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
11/28/2016
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

My son is 9 years old with ADD- he started having signs in Spring of First Grade. He started taking about 5mg of Vyvanse but the side effects have been terrible. He would hardly eat anything, sleep deprived, angry, argumentative, and just plain hard to deal with after the medicine wore off for about a solid 2-3 hours. We are now in the fourth grade and tried to up his dosage to 20 mg but could not get past 15mg. The side effects became worse. He even started a sniffing tic that was so annoying. He was getting into trouble for silly little things like playing in the bathroom at school, talking out of turn etc. Thankfully he did not get into fights or such. He is a sweet, loving child. He does pout if he does not get his way though. With all that said, we went back to the doctor and he put him on 5mg of adderall. Same side effects. We took him off and the with drawl was horrendous!!!! So we started with Guanfacine- Tenex on November 2nd and he is so much better as far as calm, kind, not argumentative, not mean, not smart acting. He will not reach full effects until at least 8-9 weeks. Being tired should subside! My only hope now is that he has more drive and willingness to do homework and things that are required of him after he gets through the tired stage. So much better than the stimulants.Read More Read Less

anonimous | 13-18 | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
11/8/2016
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

As the primary caregiver of my grandson who was diagnosed with having ADHD five years ago at the age of eight. Taking the long acting guafacine HCL WAS helpful with him getting a reasonable amount of sleep with out getting up perioticly through out the night. It was unfortunately causing him to be tired and sleepy through out the day and hard to maintain in class at school not feeling like doing much of anything. It didn't seem to help his ADHD, Other than slowing him down. He became over time aggressive with his behavior as if he was regressing reverting back to the behaviors he was depicting in the beginning before he was diagnosed and put on medication. When he decided to not take it anymore, after about two weeks of not taking the guanfacine he complained of feeling sick with nausea. The nausea appeared to have only lasted for one day. His Dr. was informed of his discontinuance. Since then he appear to not be as tired and is some what more willing to doing his homework and is not showing the aggression but showing more calmness. Read More Read Less

mojo1 | 35-44 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/21/2016
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

Ive been on it for 3 weeks. I am soooo tired. I also find myself eating more. I am giving it the trial asked of me by my doctor, but if the tiredness doesnt improve, I will discontinue the use.

Kitty | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/2/2016
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I'm an adult and my doctor gave me this for adhd. Unfortunately, I was already on high blood pressure medicine. So my blood pressure was super low, needless to say, and it did not help my ADHD except to put me to sleep.

tim | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/22/2016
Condition: High Blood Pressure

had a ruff time getting use to but after few weeks it is working with a water pill and potassium pill had has BP down som3 135-80-95