My son has been taking this medicine for about a year now for his ADHD. He is almost 6 now. The doctors couldn't give him a stimulant because he also has a mild form of Tourette's and a stimulant would bring out his ticks. So now after a year of use, I have noticed a HUGE change in my son. He is more calm and reasonable regarding situations which he use to not have any patience for. And it's not t...

I am on this treatment.

keesl | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/5/2021

I was prescribed this medicine for tics and all it did was make my blood pressure drop immensely and make me constantly dizzy and nauseous

Olivia | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
4/24/2021
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I've been taking this medicine for about six years now and I've had health problems in the past so I never thought much of it but recently I've noticed a trend. Even if I get 9+ hours of sleep a night I still find myself nodding off in class and having slow reaction times. Sports are becoming increasingly harder for me and my drowsiness is CONSTANT(also this part's embarrassing, but ever since I've started taking Guanfacine I haven't been able to go #2-- after I eat anything, even just a granola bar, my stomach starts cramping up and making noises, but yeah obviously I don't normally go around talking about that). However, the biggest problem I noticed was when I went off my meds for a few days(the pharmacy was backed up). I had to skip two days of school because I was sweating profusely, I got dizzy very easily, my face was red and splotchy, but mostly I felt like I was cooking from the inside out. Even though my body temperature was average, I felt like I had a horrible fever. The worst part is, the medicine doesn't even help with my inability to focus(mostly spacing out) or procrastination. Yeah it might work for some people but that's just my experience.

Anonymous | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
4/7/2021
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

I take 4 mg at night. Iâ??ve struggled with racing thoughts and an inability to turn off my brain and fall asleep for nearly a decade. Started Intuniv at night 3 months ago and itâ??s been life changing. This medication does not immediately show effects like a stimulant. It took a couple weeks to start to notice the changes. I had always been on stimulants before but they did nothing to help me sleep. My doc pulled me off those and put me on this alone for a month. My sleep improved drastically. However, I still had some symptoms during the day. They were reduced, but not enough. So after a month, they added a low dose of Adderall XR in the morning and I take this at night and it has worked wonders. After 12 years of medication ups and downs, I finally feel like weâ??ve nailed it.

Harvs | 7-12 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
3/3/2021
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

My daughter has adhd and Anxiety and cerebral palsy. This is the only medicine so far that has worked for her. The only problem We are having is tiredness so we are working with her dr to figure out the correct dosing for her. So other than tiredness this Medicine has been extremely effective for us.

Anonymous | 13-18 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Caregiver
2/18/2021
Condition: Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity

After being informed 3 yr my 13 started having ringing in the ear and everything started being real loud took her off she fine now