I experienced severe edema and fluid leakage from my lower legs. My skin was breaking down and my calves were covered in blisters and ulcers. At hospital I was given Lasix as an IV along with antibiotics. My script was for a 20mg dose of furosemide once daily. The results were unbelievable! Within 5 days my condition was in full blown reversal. Oh, I urinated a lot...every hour or so. The fluid st...

This is the first time using this brand. I have used a different brand before that just a half pill would work immediately. This has not done a thing.

Rock Island TN | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/12/2021
Condition: Suddenly Serious Symptoms of Heart Failure

My ER Doctor prescribed it to reduce the fluid around my heart to help provide better circulation to my calves and feet from Peripheral Neuropathy to reduce the swelling in my legs. Surgical socks don’t work anymore. The fluid buildup is great and causes more nerve pain. I was prescribed 20mg dose a day. After a week I increased it to 40mg a day on my own. I let my doctor know since the 20 wasn’t doing anything including having me to urinate more frequently. The 40mg seems to put me back at my normal frequency of urination. I’m now curious if there is a better water pill available that will actually work. I’m not diabetic and this was caused from Rabdomylosis from an accident at home where I laid unconscious for 4 days before waking close to death. To bad God didn’t decide to take me home then. I’m not happy with this medication as I’m having blurred vision more from it and increased appetite. I don’t drink or smoke and other than the anxiety medication I take which I must have, I’m healthy as a horse. The ER Doctor was concerned about the amount of fluid around my heart and I’ve never had heart issues. The Rabdomylosis had caused major circulation issues for the first year and it started to get better but then slowed again. Seldom do my toenails come off when trimming them. When they do there is no blood. Just redness. The NIH has no studies on this type of non diabetic neuropathy and have no suggestions on how to treat it.Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 13-18 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Caregiver
12/6/2021
Condition: Accumulation of Fluid Resulting from Chronic Heart Failure

Worked really well for swelling In my legs,All positive experience here,

Jim | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
10/22/2021
Condition: Visible Water Retention

Long time listener, first-time caller here... I was prescribed this medication for some unexplained swelling in one leg. None of the usual suspects was the culprit (DVT, lymph problems, anything heart-related...). My physician told me that this was some strong stuff and that it acts quickly and WOOOOAH NELLY! I was going like a racehorse! All I can say is that this medication is great and it reduced my leg to its normal size pretty much overnight. If you've got to take this medication, please be aware that you will be running to the loo quite a bit. Make it fun... My husband and I placed bets on how many times I was trotting to go see a man about a horse. All kidding aside... Be prepared for many, many trips to the Jefferson Room and don't underestimate the urgency. This stuff worked for me and I hope that it works for you! Best wishes on your health!Read More Read Less

Joe W. | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
10/7/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I have been taking Furosemide 20 mg for a couple of years. The swelling in my legs and feet has only increased. I started taking out taking one pill every morning. Now I am taking three in the morning and one in the afternoon and they are not helping me at all, the swelling has not gone down at all.

Jimbo | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/27/2021
Condition: Accumulation of Fluid Resulting from Chronic Heart Failure

Been taking it for over a year now. Lost 85 Lbs. This medicine is easy to take. Sometimes I experience lightheadness upon standing. This has gotten less frequent as time goes by. Don't take it right before bedtime..

DLyons | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/16/2020
Condition: Suddenly Serious Symptoms of Heart Failure

In just 7 days, most of the fluid is gone. I feel tremendously better. I went from not being able to walk to feeling like riding my bicycle again.

Furosemide | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/29/2020

Not effective at all....been taking for 4wks

cartertrc | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/18/2020
Condition: Visible Water Retention

After only 1 week I got up from the table and got very dizzy. Had to sit back down for it to stop.

Anonymous | 75 or over | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
2/3/2020
Condition: Edema with Defective Kidney Function

Had regularly taken one 20mg tablet per day for years until two weeks ago when Dr.increased to two perday to treat Edema.All blood testing AOK.No improvement noted in Edema to date.

kptcvw | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
9/6/2019

just star taken.

Anonymous | 65-74 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
8/31/2019
Condition: Accumulation of Fluid caused by Cirrhosis of the Liver

fluid symptoms began to go away after 10 days,

Anonymous | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/27/2019
Condition: Visible Water Retention

swelling in ankles greatly diminished.

glenn | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/27/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I been taking 1 -40 mg. furosemide for 8 days.. Swelling came down but having a lot of side affects. dehydration,dry mouth,coldv feeling,urinating less,restlesess,blurred vision,and the list could go on on on. Im calling doctor today

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/4/2019
Condition: Accumulation of Fluid caused by Cirrhosis of the Liver

This works pretty good at 40 mg for me. yes I must pee a lot, but better than ballooning up. For those not liking results right away, to tell you the truth it took around a month to get rid of the water accumulation in my legs. i was on 20 mg for a month and it just accumulated, not good ended up putting me back in the hospital and they upped it

Anonymous | 75 or over | Female | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
9/17/2018
Condition: Fluid in the Lungs due to Chronic Heart Failure
Toni | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/1/2018
Condition: Accumulation of Fluid Resulting from Chronic Heart Failure

Gradual increase to 160mg/day. 80mg in AM and 80 more in mid afternoon. Swelling in legs and feet has gone way down and accumulation in lungs is gone, breathing is much easier. Frequent urination can be restrictive as to what I can do outside the home.

VicJ | 55-64 | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
5/31/2018
Condition: Visible Water Retention

What patients must know is that Furosimide has many ineffectiveness complaints, which is based on the generic manufacturer. Some are very good, like Mylan, while others, like Qualititest, are close to fake. I can only blame the FDA's complete lack of oversight on Generics for what has become life threatening for profit fraud.ð??¯

raesiesusan | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
1/30/2018
Condition: Visible Water Retention

This drug goes to work quickly in your system, & as promised, helps you get rid of excess visible fluid.

tired | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/3/2017

Marthab | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/18/2017
Condition: Visible Water Retention

Severe swelling in ankles and legs. Can NOT get rid of it an Lasik is not helping at all. Gets worse as the day goes by. Wondering if one of my medications is not causing the problems. Seems to be getting worse as the years go by. Doesn't matter if I move around or if I sit. My legs and feet hurt from the excessive and unsightly water retention.