i love this medication i lost 26 lbs the first month and continued to loose since very little side affects a bit of nausia in the first month didnt last long would recomend to anyone having trouble loosing weight

Jiieeggy | 55-64 | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
1/21/2021
Condition: Overweight

BEST MEDICINE OF ALL TIME! PLEASE BRING MERIDIA BACK!!! Just take away whatever side effects the FDA didn't like! My doctor gave me a 90-day prescription right after Menopause in my late 30's, ballooned over 250 lbs,high blood pressure,2 hours sleep a night,anxious and severely depressed. WHAT A COMPLETE LIFE CHANGE! I immediately noticed that I was "focusing" with no mental fog, organized, no anxiety or sick feeling,energetic, slept 8 straight hours,craved ONLY nutritious foods and water and enjoyed sex. My daily life was always stable and evenly happy with no extreme lows anymore. I woke up at 6 every day,exercised,ate a full breakfast,went to work, ate light veggies,fruits, yogurt and proteins during the day,full dinner with fish,salad, nightly completed tasks from my list like organizing my cabinets and closets,cleaning the garage,sewing a quilt,riding a bicycle,reading a book and then always falling asleep between 10-11 pm sleeping through the night. After 2 months, I had lost a lot of weight without dieting or ever feeling hungry, no hypertension with great health and best of all my relationships were wonderful and my life very happy. I went back to my doctor after 3 months and he said Meridia had been taken off the market and that most people loved it. It takes only a few people, but I don't understand why people can't be allowed to purchase it if it's overall a good drug with few side effects. Every drug on the market today lists several side effects. I check online for Meridia every year hoping a drug similar to it will be on the market. I'm elderly now suffering with constant mental fog, lack of focus, lack of energy, severe sugar cravings and depression. It would be a great blessing to have that drug once again in my life.

Bobbie | 35-44 | Female | On medication for 6 months to less than 1 year | Patient
4/28/2017
Condition: Overweight

I lost the weight and then it was taken off the market. I had so side effects and I wish there was something similar on the market.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
8/7/2014
Condition: Overweight

I had been taking Meridia for about a year when it was pulled from the market. When I began treatment, I weighed nearly 300 lbs. I was depressed and my total cholesterol was nearly 400! With Meridia, i was able to lose 120 lbs!!! I felt wonderful, no side effects. The constant cravings were gone, and I was able to eat sensibly. Food was no longer my constant obsession. My MD called me his " Meridia Poster Child." It changed my life! Then I lost my right as a consumer to continue to receive an effective treatment for an obvious disease called obesity. There are risk in everything, and I feel that we as consumers should have more input in our own treatment, and options. It's now 2014, and my weight has gradually crept back up to 230lbs. I was a Meridia success story, and firmly believe that I was on the right path to long term weight loss in addition to better health.

Tried it once | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Caregiver
5/10/2014
Condition: Overweight

this medication was great at suppressing appetite. I did not have any cravings at all. I felt full with small to moderate amount of food. I stopped taking it because I started feeling quite depressed due to the meds. I was losing weight, but was becoming depressed. I felt the trade off was not worth it. Every responds differently to medication, so each person will have to try the med and determine for themselves.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient