300MG 2x a day for 10 days I'm early at writing a review as I'm only four days into my medication, and I will be back to update. But I wanted to inform (WARN) you that this medication also causes bad gas from the southern hemisphere! Good Gracious!

My husband was in the hospital for 3 days with pneumonia in both lungs due to an infectious organism. After being treated with IV antibiotics for the 3 days, he was doing well and both lungs were clear. On the third day, he was released with a prescription for cefdinir 300 mg twice daily for 9 days. He complained about being exceptionally tired, and could barely do anything without lying down to r...

Maggie G | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/9/2021
Condition: Acute Maxillary Sinus S. Pneumoniae Bacteria Infection

You must take probiotics and yogurt as soon as you start any antibiotic in order to prevent a yeast infection. Not just this antibiotic, but any antibiotic. I have not been on this medicine long enough to know if it will clear up my chronic sinus infection. I am commenting now, because I have so many complaints about yeast infections.

sabrina | 13-18 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/15/2021
Condition: Middle Ear Infection

have been taking this twice daily. its a bit annoying to take it with food, but i haven't had any side effects thankfully.

anonymous | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/1/2021
Condition: infection caused by bacteria

I took one pill and within the hour I had severe diarrhea good thing I was near the bathroom .Lucky to get there in time it was close ...........never again will I take this

cefdinir helped | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/24/2021
Condition: Acute Maxillary Sinus S. Pneumoniae Bacteria Infection

I had been diagnosed with covid pneumonia and tried 2 different antibiotics (doxycycline for 2 courses and zithromax one course) both were taken for full course. Unfortunately, my symptoms were getting worse...not better. After 2 months I went again to our local covid medical clinic and she put me on cefdinir 300 mg twice daily with food for 10 days along with prednisone for 5 days. I had picked up my prescriptions late that evening, so I ate and took my new antibiotic and went to bed. The next morning I looked up the prescription on Web.md and I was terrified. Although I had taken the capsule already with absolutely no side effects I almost called the clinic to change my prescription because so many reviews were very negative and to be honest...scary!! I decided to continue the cefdinir...along with the 5 day course of prednisone and every day I got substantially better. After 10 days I am almost symptom free from the covid pneumonia. The reason why I have detailed my experience is because for some illnesses this medication can alleviate an inpatient hospital stay. Obviously if you have negative side effects stop taking this immediately...but if you have a stubborn illness don't be afraid. I am so glad I decided to continue on with this medication because it helped me gain my health back so quickly. To those that have had negative effects I am very sorry!! I just didn't want the negative side effects to scare everyone off....as it almost did me!! Take care everyone!!Read More Read Less

Cedfirin | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/9/2021
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

First I took Bactrim for 3 days twice a day. Then they put me on Cefdinir for 10 days. I was feeling better with the Bactrim and after3 days on Cefdinir I’m starting to feel like the UTI is getting worse again. I will call the doctor tomorrow.

James1601 | 19-24 | Transgender | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/7/2021

They gave me this medication for covid? Not sure it is the best idea as my stools have been very red and soft. I’ve had more chest pain than before taking the medication as well as just overall worsened body pain. Not sure if it’s the medication or just covid ?? don’t even know if this is the proper prescription to give out for it... I thought no prescriptions helped covid.

yourmom | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/2/2021
Condition: infection caused by bacteria

So my doctor prescribed this medication but I wouldn’t have taken it if I would have known the full side effects. If I would have known that it would make me feel like stomach was falling out of my ass, I would have just dealt with the sinus infection. 10/10 do NOT recommend unless you want everything you eat to just go straight through you.

Sick wife | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/17/2021
Condition: Acute Maxillary Sinus H. Influenzae Bacteria Infection

This is day two and I have the worst headache ever I’m not taking this medicine again.....

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/8/2021
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

I feel worse than when I went to the doctor.Nausea,really bad,diarrhea.I can’t leave my house.Don’t know if I am going to the bathroom.Awful!!Then you in up with a yeast infection.

Kay | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/31/2021
Condition: infection caused by bacteria

After taking amoxicillin for 10 days, my infection didn't go away. In fact, it got worse and moved to my lungs. I tested negative for covid then was put on this medicine and it worked! Thank goodness.. I was a couple days away from the hospital.

Anonymous | 19-24 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/23/2021
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

I was prescribed 300MG for 7 days for a UTI. I have had an absolutely awful experience with this antibiotic. The itching in my southern region was so unbearable I couldnâ??t sleep at night. Nothing helps it go away. I had awful diarrhea since I started taking this and now, 2 days after I have been done taking this medicine I am still having diarrhea. If your doctor prescribes this to you, do yourself a favor and call back and tell them you would like a different antibiotic, it will save you a 1-2 weeks of unbearable side effects. Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 25-34 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/10/2021
Condition: infection caused by bacteria

Headache dizziness, fatigue muscles were fighting my body to stand up straight couldn't walk right didn't feel like myself disoriented throat was still sore. It hurt my body more than it did healing my bacterial infection in my tonsils

Kelli | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/18/2021
Condition: Bacterial Pneumonia caused by Haemophilus Influenzae

This should be taken off the market. I honestly felt I was dying. Kept feeling worse and worse. Day 4 I couldn't swallow or breathe. Experienced severe headache, dizzy, too weak to even talk. It was awful!!!

Anonymous | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/10/2020
Condition: Middle Ear Infection

I will not be taking this medication. Given to me for an ear infection. Headache, extreme fatigue, nausea, cold chills. I am on day 4 and have stopped the dosage. Will call my doctor on Monday to see if something else can be prescribed. This medication makes you feel worse than the infection itself!

S | 35-44 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/26/2020
Condition: infection caused by bacteria

The side effects of this antibiotic are HORRIBLE!!!!! I was in bed in complete agony all day long for 4 days, unable to work, take care of my family, eat or do anything. It started with fever, chills, headache and dizziness, then cane extreme abdominal pain and diarrhea ever 45 minutes for 3 days!!!! It is the 4th day since I stopped and still have a headache, diarrhea, and stomach pain. These side effects are FAR worse than the pain I experienced with my ear infection, which was bad.

I Dominguez | 45-54 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
3/18/2020

Had a terrible headache, nausea, vomiting, dizzy, and very fatigue. I had to stop using this med that was prescribed for kidney infection

HaHaitsyourmom | 45-54 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/29/2020
Condition: Bacterial Urinary Tract Infection

WARNING THIS DRUG DOES NOT GIVE INFORMATION FOR ALLERGY RELATED SYMPTOMS This Medication nearly killed me. One dose and I no longer had and any functional normal thinking, eating, walking. And put me into almost coma stage effect. It isnt your regular antibiotic. It took 2 days to return back to myself. Thankfully the clinic that sent me to the ER called to check in on me and changed my medication. Dont trust new antibiotic medications now.

Anonymous | 45-54 | Female | Caregiver
1/3/2020
Condition: infection caused by bacteria

had a sinus infection-- this drug after 2 days gave my husband extreme dry mouth and extreme fatigue! Shortness of breath and heart palpitations!!! Never again!

Samijay | 25-34 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Caregiver
12/30/2019
Condition: Strep Throat

This drug is horrible! My son was prescribed this for 14 days on day 12 he broke out in horrible hives everywhere and now after being off for a week he has developed serum sickness and can’t walk because of swollen joints!!! Never take this drug it is so bad! My healthy 6 year old can’t walj now because of this!!! I hate Cefdinir and agree it should be pulled from market!

Magpie | 55-64 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/27/2019

Dizziness, headache, heart palpitations, heart racing, out of breath, fatigue. Went to hospital because symptoms were so pronounced.