I just had my second pneumovax shot about 5 hours ago. The first time, about 5-7 years ago, I had awful upper arm pain for about 3 days. I've had no other problem with any other vaccines including my yearly flu shot. Well, I'm sitting here typing this in incredible pain! This is worse than the first time. I can move my arm, but it's extremely painful to do so. I'm wondering if the nurse did it too...

Severe swelling,pain, redness, radiating around upper arm into axilla. Tenderness in axilla. Fever, chills, nausea. Area affected feels hard. Very uncomfortable reaction. This is day two.

Mary Wolf | 65-74 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
6/12/2021
Condition: Streptococcus pneumoniae vaccination

Dr recommend the Prenumovax 23 after having received the 13, he said to wait 45 days after receiving covid 19 vaccine, which I did, two days later my arm is all red and very painful at the injection site the muscle all around my arm is red and very sore, it feels like the muscle or tendons have been torn. I have been taking Advil, Tylenol, etc. to releave the pain. Never again.

Ann | 75 or over | Female | Patient
5/16/2021
Condition: Prevention of Streptococcus Pneumoniae Infection

I am a believer in vaccines but this one ppv23 knocked me for a loop. My doctor recommended it during a routine visit and by late afternoon my arm began to hurt and it turned out to be some of the worst pain I have experienced for many years. The pain was so intense that I was unable to sleep the first two nights, I felt sick and had chills and fever and then the pain moved down my arm and into my wrist and hand. My hand swelled up and was extremely painful and hot for the next 10 days and it's only now getting to the point where I can use it again. Each day I thought it would get better but it is still painful. I would not recommend this shot.

Jessica | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
5/13/2021
Condition: Prevention of Streptococcus Pneumoniae Infection

Got the shot, wasn't hurting at all. Because of the pharmacist who knows how to inject. I swore didn't felt a bit of any pain. No arm pain no lumb where I've been injected. The only bad was muscle ache joints was painfull and headaches for the first 5 days. And I'm a smoker. I'm in better health now as before. And I was sick for months every year at the end of March phenomea at the worst. I would recommend this for the world, that's how great and good I feel. I'm 41 never been better.

Sara | 19-24 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/10/2021
Condition: Streptococcus pneumoniae vaccination

I am 20 years of age. Female. Generally healthy. Have had allergy shots for years and flu shots for years. Generally no issues besides a sore arm for one day from flu shot. Decided to get it because my doctor recommended it to me since I have a history of asthma. (Even though it rarely bothers me.) the initial shot itself didnâ??t hurt, but a few hours later it felt like someone had punched me in the arm. That night, there was no possible way I could sleep on it. And I hardly slept that night because of the pain. The next day, woke up with a fever. Had to call into work. Felt awful with chills, nausea, stomach cramps. Not to mention I could barely lift my arm! That night I had a 102 fever and was shivering. I woke up in a puddle of sweat. Still had a fever that morning. Also been taking Tylenol. It is day 4 now, I feel slightly better but my arm is still hard to even lift up all the way. Even putting on a shirt is difficult. I hope it will get better in a few days. I personally would only recommend this to anyone who absolutely needs it, because it was not worth it to me. I have never felt this sick in a very long time, I even had Covid Recently. I didnâ??t have a fever then , but this vaccine did!

catgirl101 | 19-24 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
2/12/2021
Condition: Prevention of Streptococcus Pneumoniae Infection

I am 22 years old an got the vaccine bc of health complications I was having. My doctor told me I would be slightly sore. However, I was in intense pain for 3 days. I couldn't lift my arm or sleep on my left side. I have severe chills and body aches on day 2 as well. I am currently on day 4 of having the vaccine and my arm is still mildly sore with a hard bump at the injection site.