Since taking this medication I have had severe diarrhea (explosive diarrhea) if I eat normal quantities of fruits and vegetables, especially tomatoes. I've had numbness and tingling in my hands and tingling in my feet, itching, crawling skin feeling, backache, weight gain, and repeated bouts of gout. I never had problems with any of these things before taking this medication. I've been on it fo...

I haven't been taking it long enough to know.

derf | 55-64 | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
8/21/2021
Condition: Prevention of Recurrent Atrial Fibrillation

Just started taking this med. It has lowered BP and slowed my breathing down. I have noticed dorwsiness like others, but it also gives me the benefits of more relaxed breathing. I am breathing so much deeper and don 't feel tightness of the chest like I used to. To me, the benefits outweigh drowsiness - at least for now. I also had a bout of loose stool but I'm over it so maybe that was something else. So overall, I am quite pleased with the med.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years |
8/5/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I have taken this pill for 2 years and I am tired all the time and I wheeze. My poor my mom was prescribed and she was tired for years. She was tired all the time and fell many times and she died. I spoke to a pharmacist and explained everything to that person and was told not to take it, to consult with a doctor who cares.

peg99levi | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
5/12/2021
Condition: Prevention of Recurrent Atrial Fibrillation

Tired of being tired. makes my skin crawl. Cold hands & feet- even my nose. Basically feel lifeless. Been on a year and have decreased dosage. Just want off off it.

Essie | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
5/11/2021
Condition: Chronic Heart Failure

Prescribed for chf, 6.25 mg, twice a day, for 3 weeks, so far. My blood pressure is too low, I think. Today it's 113/40. I'm woozy, very tired, weak, have almost constant nausea and some vomiting, body aches, stiff neck, not able to breath through my nose at all at night, dry mouth and eyes, stomach ache, headaches that come and go, and one day I couldn't see anything but a blurr in the center of my field of vision. Those side effects add up to making me feel much worse than before I began taking it. Not worthwhile for me. As soon as I can get my Dr. To divorce herself from the sales gobbledygook she was given about this chemical, I'm quitting, never to return!Read More Read Less

Anonymous | 75 or over | Female | Patient
5/3/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I have nose bleeds, I suspect the runny nose and congestion is caused by this blood pressure pill. I would like to know if anyone else has had nose bleeds.

NaiNai | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/10/2021
Condition: High Blood Pressure

This med does not seem to be helping my B/P at all. I’ve been on it for 2 months and I’m still waiting for my B/P to decrease.

Susan | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
11/13/2020
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Been on this medicine 6.25mg for a month, then cardiologist changed dosage to 12.5mg twice daily. Experienced severe chest pain, dizziness, headache. Will ask doc change med.

BIG RAGU | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
4/3/2020
Condition: Chronic Heart Failure

been on it for a year keep telling my doc and cardiologist not good can not wake up sweating tired all the time fighting to stay up going one more time to cardiologist and changing or going to discontiue and live a quality life not quantity need to find a better fit

Mig | 65-74 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
11/27/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

68 year old male with 15 year history of Hypertension and 3 year history of CRF (moderate). Prior good control with Propranolol and Lisinopril Recently changed to Carvedilol 6.25mg BID. BP average now running 170/100,Pulse 100. Was told it takes a couple of weeks to start working. Am increasing dose to 25mg BID. No call back from provider. Hope I don't have a stroke, heart attack, DVT or PE. Now having headaches, blurred vision, painful neck, SOB, and twinges in chest. Am not a fan of this drug. Its scaring me.Read More Read Less

Chad Paler | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/19/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I had thickened Anterior Mitral Valve Leaflets with Mild Mitral Valve Prolapse on its tip and belly. I also had Mild Mitral Regurgitation. My Dr. prescribed me this medicine. I took 6.25 mg once daily every after dinner. At first, sometimes I've noticed discomfort on my chest, I don't know, I suspected that it maybe due to psychological effect because I was thinking that I have a heart problem. There are times that it goes away. There are also times that I feel like difficult to breath and it's kinda feels heavy on my chest. But when I checked my nose it was the other side of my nasal that's clogged. So, maybe those were not really the side effects. I noticed that my skin and eyes are dry. I sometimes feel weak maybe because I am depressed of my condition. That's why I am not really sure about those sensations were the side effects of Cardevilol. But, reading those serious side effects and risks of this tablet? I honestly feel terrified. especially for my liver and kidneys... Read More Read Less

Chad Paler | 25-34 | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
7/19/2019

Hazel | 75 or over | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
4/2/2019
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I cried every day I took this pill until it was replaced with Bystolic 12 years ago. Recently I was given it again for chf. It was cancelled, but pharmacy had no record, nor did I. This morning, I took a 25 mg pill. Just read I should have been given a 3.25 mg pill to start with. Wish me luck.

Nomas | 45-54 | Male | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
2/14/2019
Condition: Dysfunction of Left Ventricle of Heart following Heart Attack

Wennie Sasotona | 25-34 | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/15/2018
Condition: High Blood Pressure

I am regularly 120/70 - 130/75 then after I take this drug it made me PALPITATE, EASILY GET TIRED AND HAD NIGHTMARE!

Heart | 35-44 | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
6/6/2018
Condition: Dysfunction of Left Ventricle of Heart following Heart Attack

I have been on this for 1 year along with lisinopril. It they have both help my heart to recovery almost back to normal. My first echo was at 12% left ventricle. The last echo I had in April was 54% left ventricle. I still feels side effects...dizziness,nausea. I sometimes get panic attacks from the side effects that raise my blood pressure.

Anonymous | 55-64 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
4/1/2018
Condition: High Blood Pressure

Been on these meds for about/almost 3 years. Had heart attack then 6 stents 5 on one side 1 on the other (2 diff surgeries). Have not had any problems with this drug.

JJ | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 1 to less than 2 years | Patient
3/31/2018
Condition: Ventricular Rate Control in Atrial Fibrillation

I have no energy feel like crap all the time! Short of breath with little exertion

RCF60433 | 55-64 | Male | On medication for 5 to less than 10 years | Patient
3/16/2018
Condition: High Blood Pressure

This is the worst drug I've ever taken. Short of breath, dizzy at times, lethargic, sleepy,just about all the reported side effects. Trying to get my doctor to help me get off this drug. Doctors seem to buy lock, stock and barrel the info that the drug companies want them to believe.

Dan | 75 or over | Male | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
12/27/2017
Condition: High Blood Pressure

doctor replaced amlodipine forafib and high bp. took for two weeks and had side affects: angina, sick to stomach, depressed, angxioty, felt like crap. decided to go off drug and I felt normal again. wow

Dan | 75 or over | Male | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
12/23/2017
Condition: High Blood Pressure

caused angina, depression, anxiety, sick to stomach.