The medication has treated my severe chronic hives but has left my system vulnerable to all other infections. I am unable to be treated for these other infections in the normal manner due to the interactions with the medication.

Danielle | 25-34 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
2/20/2019

Taking this medication for my Eczema - did not work at all and when I stopped taking it all my hair fell out = completely bald.

jomehu | 65-74 | Female | On medication for 2 to less than 5 years | Patient
1/20/2018

I started taking this for chronic hives when nothing else worked. First excessive hair growth mostly on head, but then after a few months it started falling out. Seems to have tapered off. Drug works for hives, but I have been on and off of it for 4 years. Now have some kidney damage and don't want to take it any longer. But hives are back with a vengeance. Next drug may be plaquenil. No free lunch. All these drugs have side effects, but I cannot live any quality of life with hives all over my body.

Anonymous | 35-44 | Female | On medication for less than 1 month | Patient
1/30/2016

This drug was the only one able to control my chronic hives but now I have multiple infections, stomach upset and hair loss. When I asked the doctor about the hair loss he told me it must be stress. If stress caused hair loss I would already be bald. I have also noticed dark hair growing on my face and a beard is not cute on a female. I am seriously ready to stop using this medicine. It is nasty. I read an article about an asthma drug that helps people with chronic hives without the side effects. I think a study was supposed to be published in a dermatology magazine in July 2014. It is a shot but I still think it would be better than this drug.

Raford | 75 or over | On medication for 10 years or more | Patient
1/1/2016
Condition: Prevention of Cardiac Transplant Rejection

25 years post transplant and counting. No problems other than age related.

Christy | 45-54 | Female | On medication for 1 to 6 months | Patient
7/12/2015

Cyclosporine is brutal. I have grown excess black hair on my face, arms, legs, etc. My gums are so swollen and sore. I am extremely tired and weak. It has done its job by keeping my immune system depressed. I take it for Severe Aplastic Anemia. I don't know how long I will have to continue taking it, but hope it is not forever. It does taste bad, but I take it with crangrape juice and that helps. I am afraid of what it is doing to my organs.